Here We Go Again (hatch-a-long)

Can't wait to candle on Saturday and see which of my d'uccle eggs are developing!!

I, in my love for this tiny breed, have come up with a new pronunciation of the name.
DUCK-les. Not doo-clays.

But fun names aside, how do you pronounce D'uccles? Not sure if I'm doing it right.

I don't actually know for sure, I've been saying Dee uh-ckles

This guy says it with even more southern twang than I was though. lol!!

Just candled the D'uccles!!
All but two going strong!!

I'll be candling the Bielefelders on Monday!

Attachments

• 20200208_113409.jpg
    20200208_113409.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200208_113342.jpg
    20200208_113342.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 3
Wasnt able to post yesterday because my phone died, but here are the results of the Bielefelder day 7 candling!

18 live embryos.
8 undeveloped.
2 where it was too hard to tell because of shell color.

I have to wit till Saturday for candling on my D'uccles. That'll be day 14. Day 14 for the Bielefelders is on Monday.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BABY CHICKS!!

I have to wit till Saturday for candling on my D'uccles. That'll be day 14. Day 14 for the Bielefelders is on Monday.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BABY CHICKS!!

I always seem to be candling more often than "suggested", lol, it hasn't caused any issues yet! I'm just careful to thoroughly wash my hands before handling and I'm gentle with the eggs. On my last candling I still had 100% viability so fingers crossed!!! ...I may have to go check on them now that I'm talking about it. :gig

If I pulled them out I'd get addicted and be pulling them out every day. Which probably wouldn't be good. So I'm sticking to day 7, 14, and 18.

Post some pics if you do candle!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom