1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Here we go again. Set eggs on March 7th *We Have PIPS!*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Mar 9, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Yep, here we go again. I set a bunch of eggs on March 7th. A bunch from BamaChicken (I'm going to get those blue orps if it kills me) and my suprise gift from my secret swap pal Smitty's Farm... 19 Cuckoo Marans. WooHoo!!

The really good news is, they are due to start hatching on my Birthday. (that'll be day 20 but I expect early birds) I'm getting fuzzy butts for my Birthday.

At what point do you get fuzzy butt overload? I have 101 running around right now. But about 60 of those well be going to new homes on April 5th. DH had over load at 5 [​IMG]

Love them fuzzys. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  2. WildGooseChase

WildGooseChase New Egg

Mar 9, 2008
    I am in this game over 20 years and have yet to reach over load.

3. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, our eggs are related, LOL!! I have a doz. of BamaChicken's RIR eggs. [​IMG] Mine went in at 6am on the 6th.

Well, now we have to have a competition, lol! [​IMG]

4. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hey D~ How's the incubation going? Just checking in! [​IMG]

5. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    So far really good. Candled the other day, looks like all the Marans are doing well and 6 of the Blue Orps. Still struggling with the humidity but it's been within acceptable range the whole time. Currently on day 10. I'll know more in about 4 days. The Marans were hard to see much in them, since they are so dark. I should be for sure this next candling.

How are your's doing?

6. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Ok, candled day 13 [​IMG] I'm down to 11 Cuckoo Marans, and only 4 blue oprs. It's sure hard to toss those non developing eggs. [​IMG]

7. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

I know, tell me about it. After my initial 10 non-developers, I've been doing pretty good, too. Only one that was iffy turned out to be a quitter. I've got 7 that look great. [​IMG]

8. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    [​IMG] Yay!!!!! [​IMG] Good to hear! Keep me posted!

It is hard to pull the non developers [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck, D. Hope those go the rest of the way.

10. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    We have pips folks. It's day 20 and one blue orp from BamaChickens flock marked Spl, that would be the splash coop I guess and poked a huge hole in the egg and is just sitting there with her beak sticking out deciding if she likes what she sees outside the egg or not.

I've also got a pip in another of Juile's eggs marked MO, so I think that's the mottled coops offspring. This is all very good news for me. It's my Birthday, so it's very kind of them to come out early to help celebrate. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by