Here we go again

jayjay

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 11, 2012
Essex, UK
Well i had a khaki campbell sitting on eggs due to hatch a few weeks ago but unfortunately they all died before hatch. I think it may just have been too cold, we had a lot of sharp frosts. I'm having another go with the Call ducks. She has laid 10 and started sitting properly 2 days ago. Weather is a little better this time so heres hoping it works out. If not i think its time to incubate them myself. Really want to hatch naturally if i can so wish me luck.

Fingers crossed for a good hatch.
fl.gif

Well it is all going good so far. She is being a great mum. All eggs were fertile and by my calculations hatch day is 29th so not long now. Have moved the drake out so there are just the 2 ladies in there. Keep checking every day and hoping all goes well this time. The weather has been better lately, no idea if that made a difference before just guessing although i should imagine there are a 100 reasons they did not hatch. Want to get excited but trying to stay calm in case it does not work out.

May have spoken to soon. first egg was thrown out of the nest today. Hope i am not in for another failed attempt.

Fantastic news. I checked today and when i walked round there was 2 little ducklings paddling in the baby bath. Unfortunately there was 3 but 1 had died. Have taken the bath out and put in little trays and they are paddling away. She is still sitting on the others so not sure about them. WE DID IT 2 little ducklings. Soooo pleased. Hope they will be ok there is another female in the pen and i saw her peck at one. Is this normal or should i take her out?

Now i need duckling advice lol.

Back
Top Bottom