Here we go again!

MarySuesHouse

Hatching
Mar 16, 2015
Since I only had one B.R. left, I thought I'd try, again! My husband has built a chicken house. He still has the run to build. He told me the doors on the house, now, are temporary. He has a lot of work to do. I don't know when he'll find time to finish it. Anyway, I bought 12 babies. Six are B.R.'s and this time I thought I'd try some Rhode Island Red's, so I bought six of them. I didn't think the Rhodes would make it because they were so puny looking. I worried myself sick over them. Their little butts started getting crusty with poop, so they all received baths and a blow dry. They didn't like it, either. I had one girl that was rather angry, as you can see in the picture. The other picture is one at the little feeder. I called it, "My Fat Bottomed Girls". They are off of that feeder already. I couldn't have them all clamoring over one another to get food. They are, now, on the adult feeder. I put a fan in their house because it get's so hot during the day. I can't wait until the house and run are finished. I am debating on whether or not I'll put Scruffy in there with them.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow
What sweet and beautiful babies you have there! And yes, that one looks to be giving you the stink eye!:lau Good luck with your girls.

Pasty butt is very common. When you clean them off, put some Vaseline 'there' to hopefully keep poo from sticking. Sometimes it happens when they aren't drinking enough water. Others feel that some apple cider vinegar in the water helps prevent pasty butt. If you do try the ACV it cannot be used in a metal waterer.

Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Barred rocks and rhode island reds are great breeds! I love the pics you shared. They sure look cute and curious!

Good luck with them and welcome to the flock. Feel free to ask any questions.

Back
Top Bottom