Here we go, Code Enforcement's coming

hugs.gif

I only have 1.2 acres and its A-1 Ag listed and I was told by the dept. that I could have 50 head of cattle on my property as long as I fed them

I'm jealous! I have 5 acres and I was told I'm only allowed "two large hooved animals at a time." (And as I've learned, pigs and goats count as large hooved animals as well!)

Thankfully I have no limits on me in regards to poultry...
D.gif

I work for the township in which I live. We have several residents that do not live on 4 acres which is the requirement to have fowl and live stock is another matter. These people have obtained a special permit from the building/zoning department and as long as no complaints are made then they are left alone. I would recommend going to your township office and speaking with someone and have back up as pictures of where they will be housed and how clean it is and let them know you have only a certain amount of hens and hopefully no rooster. They also like to know that they will be behind a fence as most township and cities don't even allow dogs and cats to "free range".
big_smile.png
You could always let them out while you are in the yard - that's what I do. Hope this helps.

Quote:
I'm jealous! I have 5 acres and I was told I'm only allowed "two large hooved animals at a time." (And as I've learned, pigs and goats count as large hooved animals as well!)

Thankfully I have no limits on me in regards to poultry...
D.gif

So you can have a couple of 1200 pound horses, but not three 60 lb nigerian dwarf goats? Yeah, that makes sense!
he.gif

I have heard of people fighting this type of laws. Proving for instance, that your property is more than enough for a handful of goats, who wouldn't eat or poop as much as two horses. The mini horse people have gotten laws changed, they can have 2 or 3 mini's for every regular sized horse allowed.

We have 2.6 acres and have 6 mini goats, 3 mini donkeys, rabbits, chickens, geese, etc. Our animals have plenty of room and until we had the geese, we actually had to mow the goat pasture as they wouldn't eat the grass down. Or we would switch pastures, put the donkeys in the goat pasture to eat the grass and the goats in the donkey pasture to eat down the weeds. We also have a large mowed front and back yard for us.

I am also harboring illegal fugatives of the feathered kind. Our city allows it but my Rental property dose not. Once again I will only get caught if a negibhor rats me out. We are allowed no pets but have had them since we moved here. Even a yappity dog for about a year. And a fat old house cat as well. I dont see a problem unless one of my pullets turns out to be a roo or one of my negubhors moves out and some newbies move in. We have 6ft wood fences around our yards and I clean it religously to keep away any smell and insure the health of my girls. Good luck. Seems you should be able to argur their Pets on account you only kept 3. I have 5 and will move before I give them up.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom