Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eggcessive what are your thoughts?

The chicks are 4 weeks by the way. They appear completely healthy, no other symptoms whatsoever.
They fly around all over the place.
If there are no more sightings of blood, ect, would it be safe to just keep an eye on him?
I'm pretty sure I know which bird it is, as he was in one half of the room where the first dropping was.

@Eggcessive what are your thoughts?

The chicks are 4 weeks by the way. They appear completely healthy, no other symptoms whatsoever.
They fly around all over the place.
If there are no more sightings of blood, ect, would it be safe to just keep an eye on him?
I'm pretty sure I know which bird it is, as he was in one half of the room where the first dropping was.
Please give them the Corrid. With chickens, once it's too late it's too late. You've caught it early, no sense playing with their lives here. Coccidiosis is one of the most common flock illnesses and it kills chickens. It's not worth the risk. ACV doesn't do anything except give a few trace nutrients and some probiotics if it is raw ACV, but probiotics doesn't help with coccidiosis which is a parasite.

Please give them the Corrid. With chickens, once it's too late it's too late. You've caught it early, no sense playing with their lives here. Coccidiosis is one of the most common flock illnesses and it kills chickens. It's not worth the risk. ACV doesn't do anything except give a few trace nutrients and some probiotics if it is raw ACV, but probiotics doesn't help with coccidiosis which is a parasite.

Edit: Corrid, as far as I am aware, doesn't have negative side affects. How long has it been since seeing no other symptoms?

I can't get it today.
I don't even know if it will be at the pet store tomorrow.
The first with blood in was this morning, I believe.
But is it definitely cocci?
I notice it's more pink than blood.

I don't....
Anything else I could do?
Thanks.

As a first aid until your amprolium order will be delivered you can brew a very strong tea with oregano, camomile, thyme and some aniseed for a better taste. The tea will show a very dark brown colour. Let it steep for at least 6 hours or overnight and then clean the water dispensers thoroughly with boiling water and fill with only this tea. They should not have any other opportunity to drink.

Thank you!
I heard something about garlic, turmeric & oregano being good for coccidiosis, what are your thoughts on that?
I will clean the bedding.
Oh, you said oregano.

We have oregano and garlic. I think there is camomile growing outside wild, would that be ok to use do you think?
Is it worth just trying it anyway?
I don't want to overdose on the garlic.
I'll see if I can find some thyme.
Fortunately it's just the two chicks in that box. I still would be heartbroken if any died.
Just hoping I can get the treatment tomorrow.
If I don't see any more blood, and he still seems fine can I safely assume it was shed intestinal lining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom