Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't....
Anything else I could do?
Thanks.
I've heard good things about seaweed, oregano oil added to oil is being used commercially to treat and prevent coccidia, my guess is it was just shed lining, keep an eye out. Also sage helps and garlic is actually a dewormer as are pumpkin seeds, none of those can hurt them, garlic isn't like onions, so giving them some cloves to munch on or in their water shouldn't cause anemia, hope they are ok, good luck.

I've heard good things about seaweed, oregano oil added to oil is being used commercially to treat and prevent coccidia, my guess is it was just shed lining, keep an eye out. Also sage helps and garlic is actually a dewormer as are pumpkin seeds, none of those can hurt them, garlic isn't like onions, so giving them some cloves to munch on or in their water shouldn't cause anemia, hope they are ok, good luck.
Thank you for your input, much appreciated. I am praying it's just shedding.

I would call around to find either amprollium or the sulfa antibiotic. Many with cattle or sheep may have some. Your local vet could probably sell some. That looks more like blod than intestinal lining. If you have buttermilk, that can be given to them to drink to buy some time.
Sometimes the intestinal lining sheds blood just because a vessel ruptured or somethig minor.

Don't have any buttermilk....
I'll try and convince my parents to drive me to the vets tomorrow.
I'm terrified he'll die.
He's acting completely normal, was mudbathing when I checked on him about quarter an hour ago, and he can fly right out of the box.
I checked another dropping, broke it and it looked slightly red inside. Not sure if I'm just paranoid now.

Don't have any buttermilk....
I'll try and convince my parents to drive me to the vets tomorrow.
I'm terrified he'll die.
He's acting completely normal, was mudbathing when I checked on him about quarter an hour ago, and he can fly right out of the box.
I checked another dropping, broke it and it looked slightly red inside. Not sure if I'm just paranoid now.
Go to Fresh Eggs Daily the website, and look up the poop guide, it talks all about chicken poop colors and causes, and may give you some guidence.

Take a deep breath, and talk to your parents OHR. You could call around in the morning to different shops to see if they carry anything with Amprollium. Once you know who sells it, let your parents know.

Thanks @Overo Mare

When I asked my mum not that long ago she said she won't take me to the pet store/vets.
She says she doesn't want to run around for the chicks when I don't have hard evidence they are ill. She does care about them, but she's really busy right now.
If the chick has persistent symptoms I will walk down to our local animal feed store and ask if they have anything to treat cocci or with Amprollium in.
Thanks again.

Thanks @Overo Mare

When I asked my mum not that long ago she said she won't take me to the pet store/vets.
She says she doesn't want to run around for the chicks when I don't have hard evidence they are ill. She does care about them, but she's really busy right now.
If the chick has persistent symptoms I will walk down to our local animal feed store and ask if they have anything to treat cocci or with Amprollium in.
Thanks again.
Show her this thread and all the replies.

Hi OHR's mum! Those babies need some amprollium. You have an awesome kid that loves their peepers. Let's get them all better!

There. Now show her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom