here's one to kick arround--what;s your most embarassing moment ?

old geezer

Songster
9 Years
Sep 2, 2010
cambridge , ny
i'll start it off---i was working in my woodworking shop most of the day--most likely dirty ,sweatty and stinky with a gray stubble beard-
sickbyc.gif
--the wife wanted me to drive her to the next town to pick up a lay-a-way------she hates the road cause it's steep and very curvy like the ho chi -min trail---so i grab a coffee to go at a stewart's shop and drive her to greenwich --when she goes in the store , i sit on the stone steps in front of the store--a few minutes later a young couple walks by and wanted to hand me 5 dollars and if i had a place to stay and if i knew where the local shelter was-----
hit.gif
th.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
.....about that time the wife comes out from the pennywise shop , finds out what is going on and starts laughing her butt off ,,
lau.gif
.then say's to the couple i sorta do look like i belong in the line at a soup kitchen some where's--
old.gif
barnie.gif

I have one. Most of my mishaps are not witnessed by anyone but not this time. I am a rock hound and I live in the desert, so there are always nice specimens around. I often walk around with my head down.

In November of 09, we broke ground on new construction for a bus facility for work. Nothing was erected yet, so no need for hard hats. Recently graded dirt means rocks have been brought to the surface right? So there I am walking around with head down scanning the ground, picking up rocks, happy with my finds, pockets full.

BAM! Right into the post that was holding up the chain linked fence. Put me on my butt right in front of the staff and the construction crew.

Ugh.

Last edited:
lau.gif
Old geezer, that's funny! I refuse to tell my most embarassing moment. In remembrance, Sourland sits at the computer looking for the blushing smiley.

I have so many embarrassing moments that it would take all day....

But here's one I remember off the top of my head:

I was driving a rental car through Oregon years ago, and stopped to fill up the tank. It was in the middle of the country, and there was only one gas station.

I stepped out of the car to fill up and the attendant told me that he would fill it for me. I said, "No, I'll do it."

He said, "It's the law that I fill it up. You are not allowed to."

I didn't believe him. I argued with him a bit. Then I gave up.

I found out later he was right. It is illegal in Oregon to pump your own gas.
th.gif

How embarrassing!!!

I'm not sure what my most embarassing moment is/was. The DW seems to be embarassed every time we go out or I answer a salesman question. I wonder why that is?

36435_ceb.jpg

Quote:
That is awesome
big_smile.png

I tend to be a very gutsy girl..and I am sure I have some moments in my life..but I honestly cannot think of any. When I embarrassed myself, I always saw the humor in it and was the first to laugh.

You are talking to a girl who as a teen walked into convenience stores with um..feminine products stuck to her forehead just to see what people would do.
roll.png

I have had more than I can mention - just this weekend got a call, "Hey aren't you supposed to bring your daughter over here today? " Me: Yeah, at 2. Them no it was OVER at 2....

Duh. My poor kids!

But, my favorite was a few years back I was pinch hitting covering some one else's class. I was skimming the text as I walked across campus. Missed a curb. SPLAAT!

You know the students probably bust a gut trying not to get hysterical laughing while they helped me up and gathered my books......

I have quite a few.

Recent one. I was in town on Friday to deliver some milk to our butcher and had just missed him. Since I had to do some banking I went next door. While visiting with the bank clerks I looked out the front window and sitting in the truck was the butcher.
So I go running out of the bank, yell his name. The truck stops I run up to it and it is not our butcher, but some guy I have no idea who he is. I apologized and go back into the bank where we have a great laugh over me running after this truck.

Another one. This one made me a bit mad.

I went to an EMS training course. Walked in and was talking with several people I know.
After about 15 minutes a friend motions me over. I go over and he leans down and whispers, "Your fly is open."
ep.gif

Nice of the other people there to tell me.

Quote:
Yeah I'm mostly like that... able to laugh.

But the time I thought I peed my pants in 9th freaking grade... waited until after class to ask the teacher if I could go to the nurse. Already majorly humiliated right? Out in the portable building a mile from the office... yeah it wasn't pee. I'd assumed my pants were wet because I MUST have peed right... yeah, no. I'd just gotten 'that time' a couple months before and things went haywire and I was a mess... and then my mom yelled at me on the phone for being so stupid... and then again when she got to the office in front of the staff and students... and then the spare clothes she brought. OMG... the stuff I'd wear to go fishing... wipe fish guts and liver and stinkbait these clothes were so ratty... THOSE clothes... yes the extra large (I wore a Medium at biggest back then) purple Winnie The Pooh with holes in it shirt... the shorts that used to be jeans and were hacked at the knees and NOT hemmed... that's what she brought for me to wear... that's AFTER the teachers in that class, after the nurse, after several students saw me walking to the nurse with my backpack covering my butt... then all my classmates see that I had to change clothes...

That was by far and away the worst... even being forced to go into That Aisle all by myself (mom would not even come in the store, said I had to learn... she's a sink or swim teacher) and sitting there staring for half an hour because I didn't have the faintest idea what the heck I was supposed to buy and there were two million boxes and varieties and finally a lady took pity on me and pointed me in the right direction... and then had to go to the male checkout clerk's line with ONLY that one item... even THAT was not even remotely as bad as the school episode. I still to this day cannot laugh about that one. But I bet you dollars to donuts that area of education/experience won't be near as scary/painful/humiliating for my DD because of those experiences so I am at least thankful for that.
smile.png

my mother can't even mention "female sanitary products" by their actual name in mixed company!

but my most embarassing moment isn't one that's suitable to be posted on a family site, so you won't get to hear about it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom