Rest in Peace -2013
9 Years
Mar 1, 2010
Silverhill, Alabama

R I Red Bantam Mohawk

Buff Brahma Ckl

Colombian Rock Bantam Ckl and Pullets nice stock

Buff Brahma Ckl

R I Red Pullets shrunk down from large fowl 25 years ago Mohawks.

Light Brahma Large Fowl and Bantam see the difference in size?

Three years ago I started a Large Fowl Tread and it has produced at least 75 new backyard members to covert from the popular feed store type of large fowl to Standard Breed Large Fowl or breeds that where started before 1960s and are in need of help from becoming near extinct. In Bantams today its so much different. They are the popularity of Poultry. If you want a rare breed of Bantams its so much easier to locate a source or good breeder to help you get started.

Bantams take up one fourth the room of a large fowl, they do not cost as much money to raise and because of the over all numbers of breeders and quality you don't have to raises so many chicks per year to get good birds for future breeders. They are great with children and many youth show their bantams in 4 H.
So to start off this page I will post a few pictures of my bantams and we will go and try to keep this page alive to help some of you who are interested in these little miniature fowl.

Robert Blosl

Last edited:
Christmas came early at our flock today when Don Gibson brought me the remaining Delaware Bantams in his flock. In his early 70s Don is scaling back on the number of breeds he has but will continue on the board for the Shawnee Oklahoma Show in December and a few of his select breeds. He and his sons have purchased new property and are clearing land for building their homes.

Don had already gifted me with a quad that I have already posted earlier on this thread. Here are the new Delaware Bantams...a handsome cockerel and 5 lovely hens...two of which are laying. They are from this year's hatch. He said the sire of these birds placed Best of Breeds at a Bantam show last year and this was the hardest of his breeds to give up. I have promised to maintain the vigor and appearance of this breed he is trusting me to preserve. Since Don has had birds since he was six years old...I bet he will be back in the Spring to renew this breed to his flock.

And a few more views of some of them...I think they are just stunning!

I picked up some RC red bantams from somewhere 10 or 12 years ago and I swear Bob was more excited about them than I was..

When my wife saw the phone bill a month later She nearly moved my stuff out into the chicken house.. LOL We must of talked about red bantams and some of the great breeders like Paul Webb, Perrin Johnson, Ken Bowles and Gary Underwood every other day for a month or two..
Bob could light a fire in you like nobodies business!

I sure will miss talking chickens with Bob

The young Delaware bantams that I was generously given by Don Gibson, a long time Oklahoma breeder and showman.
The sun was pretty bright and washed out the color on their necks...but the one of the pullet in the shade shows it more clearlyThey are healthy and robust little birds. If the rooster weighed in like a largefowl, he would own the farm
!

Last edited:
It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that Robert (Bob) Blosl has passed away. Matt and I have both spoken with his wife Zora who is in total shock and completely devastated as the rest of us are. When I find out more information I will post it as this has just happened in the past couple of hours. I have become very close with Bob and he held a wealth of information and was more than willing to help anyone. He was the best cheerleader that the Rhode Island Reds EVER had. May he continue to cheer them on in Red Heaven.

Walt Leonard has Wt. Leghorn bantams and I'm sure he knows where some of the other requests could be located too.

Jeff

He has some very nice Leghorn bantams. Maybe Mr. Leonard could share some photos of them with the thread.

Just looking to spark some more interest in standard bred bantams. I think so many get wrapped up in large fowl and never consider the bantam. They're quite a joy to raise and can be productive too.

Here is a Buff Brahma bantam I had. There is something about these guys that make me like em. They have great personalities, and I think they are stunning birds.

Nice I just set that on my backdrop for the screen saver on my 'puter so evertime I fire it up I am reminded of how awesome of a project I'm going to have putting this color pattern on LF rocks in the up and coming future. Bob thinks I've completely lost my mind (probly have) as its a TALL order but gonna go for it. I been gathering up the stuff to kick it in the rear here this spring hopefully. Discailmer here: This is just a little side project and by no means am I going to disturb the Plymouth rock world as we all know it anytime soon with these. Its just a challenge I am trying for and if all goes well some prettiness will emerge from it if not I will have surely learned a lot from it, what to do and for sure what not to.

anyone got any Buff columbian rock bantams? they are out there. (google them)

Jeff

Last edited:

These are Danny's White Leghorn Bantams which he has been breeding I think
about 30 years. He also has nice White Rock Bantams. He don't come on here to post maybe lurk
so that's all I can tell you. No eggs No chicks. Just get some of his good left overs and you will be set
pretty. His culls are better than some breeders best birds.

One ear lobe below. How would you like to have some of these guys?

These are Danny Feathers Columbian Rock Bantams that he got from that girl in Calif a few years ago.

I think the male that I had in the photo was one ear lobe and he got that male and this ckl I think is his son or grandson just a guess.

Danny Feathers is a master breeder from Oklahoma of bantams. I got these from his face book page.

If you live in his area or see him at the shows he is a great mentor and has good stock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom