Heritage Bantam Thread

Pics
The buff Brahma bantams are one of the few feather footed birds I would keep. they don't break off the foot feathers much if they are on the ground. They have good dispositions and are an all around nice breed of chickens. The females will sit and make good mothers. They are great birds for anyone wanting to raise bantams.

w.
I've been told by a certain breeder of those Buff Brahmas on here from Alabama that if I can get down to the Baton Rouge show in Nov. that he's sure he could probly get some of those packaged up "to come stay at my place" I believe his words were, LOL I'm gonna do my best to make that date.

Jeff

I've been told by a certain breeder of those Buff Brahmas on here from Alabama that if I can get down to the Baton Rouge show in Nov. that he's sure he could probly get some of those packaged up "to come stay at my place" I believe his words were, LOL I'm gonna do my best to make that date.

Jeff
You will like them and they don't eat much.

w.

Walt i was gifted a pullet she is 5 1/2 months old. She is in her own crate Barnevelders chase her a bit! When you say on the ground do you mean no roost??? She still isnt fully feathered on her feet!! She free ranges with others then goes into her cage at night!!! So far no broken feathers!! The perch i have for them outside is a 2 x 4 in some cinder blocks. She hops on it but doesnt stay long like the others!

Walt i was gifted a pullet she is 5 1/2 months old. She is in her own crate Barnevelders chase her a bit! When you say on the ground do you mean no roost??? She still isnt fully feathered on her feet!! She free ranges with others then goes into her cage at night!!! So far no broken feathers!! The perch i have for them outside is a 2 x 4 in some cinder blocks. She hops on it but doesnt stay long like the others!
By "on the ground" I mean that while walking around they don't do much damage to their foot feathers unlike say a Cochin.

w.

Walt, I think Bob requested a silkie, frizzle ('sizzle'?) Sarcoma.
wink.png

Wowza, on his 'chesty' stance...that tail and wing almost make a 90 degree angle. impressive. I have to admit that I hatched a few of these several years ago...tiniest chicks ever...had to grind starter up to fee them. Very personable birds.

Wow that guy has type. Just think I could have had a pair of these in 2000 when we pulled these guys out of a box that was shipped to the APA convention in Lincoln Nebraska. That is where they where first introduced to American at that show.

Got to give these guys credit in 13 years they sure have promoted this breed of fowl.

I have a bunch of Buff Brahmas for Baton Rogue so don't worry. I only plan to keep a pair for next year. bob

Back
Top Bottom