Heritage Bantam Thread

Pics
Some oegb's

w.

Nice...wow on the feather width especially evident in that top bird's pic! I have never owned a bantam (yet)...hugely popular it seems based on show entry numbers seen in the Poultry Press/club reports...Other than the obvious benefit of smaller size benefit in husbandry, what other attributes set them apart (if any) from the LF??

Nice little SP Rock bantam pullet bred by Jeremy Woeppel.
I don't the the bantam SP Rocks have been posted on this new thread yet?
So, in case figured I'd share this one
wink.png

wink.png
Oooh! like an M.C. Escher drawing. I could just follow those feathers everywhere. SO not going in my yard!

Does anyone here seriously breed bantam choc Orpingtons? Just wondering what a really good one should look like. My freebie from a friend is still sporting creamy markings. Pretty sure that's not what they should look like, but it's the sweetest bird in my flock, hands down. The only bantam, and not a pushover by any stretch. One of the ones I was flirting with for a while, but got cold feet when in the same month 2 people got rid of their entire flocks. Is it just the fluffy bottom problem with fertility? or do they just not lay enough to keep them going, like show Cornish seem to have trouble with?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with rose comb Nankins. But I'm throwing it out there, 'cause somebody might just know!

wink.png
Another fine specimen from the XW poultry stables huh? He's got good stuff up there for sure.
thumbsup.gif

Jeff

I wonder if this girl and the NHs you posted are the recent winners he and family brought down the house with at the NE state fair. He needs to post them up and brag a little on here its a good move for him J/S
wink.png

Jeff

Last edited:

wink.png
There ya go, another fine specimen from the XW poultry stables. I wonder if this girl and the NHs you posted up are the ones he and the family brought down the house with at the NE state fair. He needs to post them up and brag a little on here it would be a good move for him J/S
wink.png

Jeff

Last edited:
There ya go, another fine specimen from the XW poultry stables. I wonder if this girl and the NHs you posted up are the ones he and the family brought down the house with at the NE state fair. He needs to post them up and brag a little on here it would be a good move for him J/S
wink.png

Jeff

Not sure if these were shown in that fair, as I forgot to ask.
XW/Jeremy Woeppel breeds and finishes some wonderful birds, no doubt.
He does a fine job packing/shipping birds and eggs too.
smile.png

smile.png
Walt they are good ones. I really like the little Buff he has a little frame and a big "tude" looks like in that photo. The Buff-columbian color pattern is my latest eye catcher/fad/craze like I need more
roll.png
I'm just getting my feet wet with what I already got, LOL

Jeff

smile.png
Walt they are good ones. I really like the little Buff he has a little frame and a big "tude" looks like in that photo. The Buff-columbian color pattern is my latest eye catcher/fad/craze like I need more
roll.png
I'm just getting my feet wet with what I already got, LOL

Jeff
The buff Brahma bantams are one of the few feather footed birds I would keep. they don't break off the foot feathers much if they are on the ground. They have good dispositions and are an all around nice breed of chickens. The females will sit and make good mothers. They are great birds for anyone wanting to raise bantams.

w.

Back
Top Bottom