Heritage Bantam Thread

Pics
I've not much thought myself much of a Bantam person. But I suppose raising a Bantam breed would be very beneficial for me in the long term. I'm taking suggestions, and you better make good ones with plenty of detail as to why I should consider making an effort in raising them.

And yes, this is pretty much my way of saying, "Advertise your breed for the world to see." But also kind of because I figure I should have at least one breed of Bantam around.

Last edited:
I've not much thought myself much of a Bantam person. But I suppose raising a Bantam breed would be very beneficial for me in the long term. I'm taking suggestions, and you better make good ones with plenty of detail as to why I should consider making an effort in raising them.

And yes, this is pretty much my way of saying, "Advertise your breed for the world to see." But also kind of because I figure I should have at least one breed of Bantam around.

Its simple, just stick with the Buckeyes....

old male five years ago

his grand son
Bill Bowen from Ohio. He is dead but a few of us still have his great classic line. He was the Brahma King of Brahma Kings.

Great bantam and great mothers. That is why I have them I used them for my Call duck eggs if the egg was fertile they would hatch. For chickens I just put the eggs under come back in a week to check for bad eggs. She will hatch them or raise the young plus give her a total of about 15 chicks and I am off to the raises.

I only keep one good male a back up good male and two females for breeders. Only need to hatch 15 to 35 chicks to have a good selection. I have also the buff silkies which I am not going to breed big with a few white leghorn bantams just to keep the old going . I am big into Rhode Island red bantams.

That's my main breed this year.
Bob, I really like the even width of the body he has! Also it looks like he has the proper break in the back between the black in the hackles and the black saddle feathers coming in.

lLoks like this thread is dead. No interest in H bantams I guess. bob

Then how about feed store hatchery bantams. Bet we could get a hundred post on those scrubs.

Easy to order bantams from those folks they have pretty pictures anyway.

lLoks like this thread is dead. No interest in H bantams I guess. bob

Then how about feed store hatchery bantams. Bet we could get a hundred post on those scrubs.

Easy to order bantams from those folks they have pretty pictures anyway.

I thought this was a good idea...guess most of the serious bantam peeps are either not on BYC or perhaps they jsut dont know about...love to get Jwhip to post his bantam SP Rocks here...

I have mostly bantams and enjoy them very much. I got into bantams for several reasons. I'm an older woman and don't want to wrestle with a bigger bird. I also live alone and like to cook a bird that fits in my crockpot, and appreciate a bird that lays a large egg for its size. Bantams are practical, if you pay attention to what you're doing. For instance, don't have high ultility expectations for a modern game. Heritage bantams certainly have their place and more people should recognize what a great package they present. Maybe I should say could present. I have been surprised how few take bantams seriously for meat and eggs. If they are to be replicas of the LF SOP birds, why shouldn't they be utility birds in smaller packages?

Back
Top Bottom