Heritage Bantam Thread

I would love to hear more about the White Faced Black Spanish bantams. I saw them in LF for the first time at a swap earlier this year. They are very impressive. Photos don't do them justice.

nice Cornish. Thanks for the pictures. I have a friend in Arkansas who is my partner in R I Red Bantams and was friends with Joe who invented the White Face Black Spanish bantam. We talk about his often. I have never seen any. I am a fan of the large fowl breed they need help big time not enough breeders.

We did good today on this tread. We will spice it up like we did the large fowl thread. Need a breed tell us what you want. They are four times easier to locate than large fowl bob

Here is a Buff Brahma bantam I had. There is something about these guys that make me like em. They have great personalities, and I think they are stunning birds.

I got some Buffs from my R I Red Bantam partner about 5 years ago. They came from Bill Bowman about 5 years before that and the guy that got them from Bill screwed them up so my friend got them and he spent about five years getting them smaller and then got one male to win big at a show. Beat Jerry McCarty and was Champion of the show which is not easy to do in Jerry's Back yard. He sent me a son of this male and then I had before a male and two females. This year I have a grandson of this male that is filling out nicely. I got to go and put him in a 4x4 ft conditioning pen and start getting him ready for a show in Mississippi and the new show in Louisiana that Chris is promoting.

I think Buff Brahma bantams are the go to breed for youth and kids who want to compete with showmanship.

I got them to sit under my call duck eggs and do they do a job on that. I have buff Silkies right now and will use them on my R I Red project this year. Got rid of the calls last October. Would lke to get involved with a young girl with Indiana Runner ducks. That is her passion along with some bantams. What strain is your nice Buff Male from?

Please post your pictures so the lurkers can see what class bantams look like.

OMG. This is what I get for being gone for a *day*, a DAY. Walt nearly had me convinced to go Nankin, and now there's a solid Bantam thread??? Now I am going to have to hold off again AGAIN, while I get all tanked up on good info to make a decision. Sheesh.
pop.gif

Bob. You. Are. Trouble.

Bob, I got them from Bret Hitchings, I cant remember who he said he got his start from. The skulls on these birds are amazing also, the heads on the pullets seem to be wider than the skulls on others old hens.

Back
Top Bottom