Heritage Bantam Thread

Thank you for the idea! Yes, she just started the APA ABA Peewee program this year and wants to work on her notebook. She loved the look of the modern games at our last two shows, but I'm not sure if it was how tiny they were or the legs being so long. I'm more of a LF person, but we do have a few Partridge Wyandotte Bantams for the kids to learn with. My daughter told me that she was really looking for something smaller than them. I'll show her some pics and hopefully she'll remember the Cornish from past shows too. Thank you again!
Cool! I've always wanted to show chickens as a kid but my parents never let me lol. I have them now but only a few. Cornish are more meatier but they are definitely small; they come in dark and jubilee. Your welcome too, if she likes stubby little chickens she'll love those!
Ko Shamo's have the body of the Cornish but long legs an a upright carriage.

Walt
Those look sooo cool! But I can never find them anywhere. Maybe someday there will a breeder near me lol.

Just ordered an assorted bantam special last night from Ideal and I am hoping for some heritage breeds! No more silkies though, I've had bad luck keeping those and only have one left :(

please let me know what you get in your box! I want to order too.
Just got my box today! I think I have a pretty good assortment, I have silkies and cochins for sure, a lot of little black ones(hopefully a couple of frizzles) and a lot of little chipmunk looking ones. Some yellow/white ones.

If you want they're having another bantam special right now at 1.50 each, for 12/22.

Just got my box today! I think I have a pretty good assortment, I have silkies and cochins for sure, a lot of little black ones(hopefully a couple of frizzles) and a lot of little chipmunk looking ones. Some yellow/white ones. 

If you want they're having another bantam special right now at 1.50 each, for 12/22. 
going to order! Thanks! How many silkies did ya get? And colors? Are they bearded?

thanks! I think I have to wait til after Christmas. When I try to order it changes the price back to full price. Maybe they already sold out!
Maybe. :O Man that's no fun that you don't get to order till after Christmas! Have you checked their facebook page though? Cuz that's how I found out.

I thought everyone on this thread might like to see what a Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandotte looks like as a baby.

It has been hard for me to find chick picks of any breed of this coloration. This is aboug 4 weeks old and since the comb is flat and yellow I am guessing that this is a pullet.
She has an older half sister that is half SPBW and half Sapphire (White Leghorn/Ameraucana). She is one of the best foraging birds in my flock.

She hasn't laid yet but it should be any day now.Sure it is only a 1 in 4 chance of being green instead of tan or white but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I really like the busy industriousness that the crossing of these two produces.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom