Heritage Bantam Thread

Congratulations, HHF. You will have to tell the rest of us your first hand experiences with them. I'm sure there are others that are interested in them too.

Something I have noticed this year has been a lot of eggs having blood smears and streaks on them. Some one else told me the same thing. Anyone else noting this occurrence? I looked at the 2 eggs with streaks today and both ends are nearly the same size instead of being larger at one end.

I'm getting eggs that are about the same size at both ends from at least one of my WL and gold sex link hens.
My BCF laid me an egg yesterday, but I don't think there were blood streaks on it.

I was collecting eggs today and noticed one of my red bantam pullets laid an egg with some blood streaks on it. The ends were not the same size on both sides, I've never had this happen before.

I was just curious if this is happening in other parts of the country. I expect blood streaks on pullet eggs, especially the first couple or even an extra larger one on older ones. It occurs now and then. But I've been noticing this on a steady basis this year. Very odd.

[/IMG] Some Red bantams

Anyone out there with some good standard "heritage" bred Mediterranean bantams? Leghorn bantams, Spanish bantams, Andalusian bantams, etc?

I have been working for a couple of years on some bantam Andalusians. I wouldn't say they're "good" yet. All of them are too big but I'm making headway.

Congratulations, HHF. You will have to tell the rest of us your first hand experiences with them. I'm sure there are others that are interested in them too.

Something I have noticed this year has been a lot of eggs having blood smears and streaks on them. Some one else told me the same thing. Anyone else noting this occurrence? I looked at the 2 eggs with streaks today and both ends are nearly the same size instead of being larger at one end.
You might check your birds for lice/mites as they chew around the vent area and scabs form. Then an egg passes through, cracking the scab and causing blood on the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom