Heritage Bantam Thread

Thank you for sharing that Walt. I'm happy to see my favorite the Nankin at least made in on the list. Hopefully if all goes well I'll be able to add to the number of showings for them.

Nan

I didn't know there was a Dorking bantam. Well there are two at least.
I wonder what color they were?
Interesting,
Karen

My daughter is interested in modern game bantams but I don't have the stomach for dubbing. Are there any heritage bantams similar to them but without the dubbing requirement?

My daughter is interested in modern game bantams but I don't have the stomach for dubbing. Are there any heritage bantams similar to them but without the dubbing requirement?
How about cornish game? http://www.livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/cornish

I don't believe you have to dub them. They're quite the opposite of modern games though; they're short stubby little creatures. They grow a little slower too, but meat is excellent and they can be very docile if you handle them a good bit. I have a trio and though at 5 months they're still much tinier than my 5 month old silkie, who really isn't that big to begin with since he/she is a bantam too lol. Does your daughter like to show them?

How about cornish game? http://www.livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/cornish

I don't believe you have to dub them. They're quite the opposite of modern games though; they're short stubby little creatures. They grow a little slower too, but meat is excellent and they can be very docile if you handle them a good bit. I have a trio and though at 5 months they're still much tinier than my 5 month old silkie, who really isn't that big to begin with since he/she is a bantam too lol. Does your daughter like to show them?

Thank you for the idea! Yes, she just started the APA ABA Peewee program this year and wants to work on her notebook. She loved the look of the modern games at our last two shows, but I'm not sure if it was how tiny they were or the legs being so long. I'm more of a LF person, but we do have a few Partridge Wyandotte Bantams for the kids to learn with. My daughter told me that she was really looking for something smaller than them. I'll show her some pics and hopefully she'll remember the Cornish from past shows too. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom