hu.gif

The only "mac" I know is macaroni!!!!
lau.gif

mac " make some" tttoooo tired to think of the word at the time
hide.gif
caf.gif
tongue2.gif
gig.gif

Java that is plain dominance, dont allow it, smack her, clout her, if she wont back off then freezer camp, I have had several that way and broke most, just by being more dominant, geese and turkeys are nothing to let get away with that, they only get worse. The one I didnt break was a hen, she made an excellent roaster. I think that you can train her, she wants attention.

Quote:
Ok,
ep.gif
will do !!! are the toms the same way?? will this make the toms mean ?
hide.gif

Java, please search on BYC for topics about dealing with aggressive roosters. Those tips will help you. Also, if you have any experience with dog training, the pack leader "attitude" will also help.

I don't allow mean poultry in my yard. The Speckled Sussex rooster that went after my son (multiple times!) this past Summer was tasty. I am "The Momma" and I will be obeyed. I have very few problems with my flock. My children are another issue, lol!

Love works around our place!

We "love" every agressive bird. We catch it and hold it and hug it and carress it and pet it until it will not get near us again, or it adores us. We start as chicks/poults and have the children care for the chicks/poults so when they are older they see the children as their masters. As John Wayne said in Big Jake, they will either respect their elders or their betters. Don't care which. If the bird is excellent quality I tolerate a bit more attitude. If "love" does not work.........we all LOVE dumplins! Even if that bird is a future champion. If its agressive towards the hand that feeds it, it will eat a judge alive at the shows.

The topics I have seen on aggressive roosters do encourage the "love" approach. When my brother calls out "Somebody needs a hug!", his chickens scatter.

My son is now nine. He enjoys catching and holding chickens. As long as there isn't a long chase involved, he can hold as many chickens as he wants. He sings to them while he carrys them around.

I'd say pick up that turkey hen and hold her as much as possible. All else fails, sit on her. My husband "sits" on all our male birds. They KNOW he is the big man in the barnyard. The chickens have a special call that means "HE" is coming outside. Ifind myself surrounded by angels when that call goes out. I just get "Mom's probably got food".

Quote:
yep, my birds are the same way. all I have to do is come outside and they all come flying/running as fast as they can
lau.gif
lau.gif
If they go too far I call them and the same thing
lau.gif
if my dad trys NOTHING!!!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
See if anyone is coming from Georgia to show at Shawnee, Ok. Maybe they would offer transport at a small fee. You could contact Danny & Norma Padgett and see if anyone is exhibiting from Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom