Heritage Meat Rabbit

I raise and breed Creme D'Argents as well, but not for meat. I show mine and have done very well, I have been breeding them for about three years and already have a GC! Pretty happy with how my Cremes are coming along
smile.png
I have about 12 to 16 Cremes at the moment! They are my favorite breed.

My GC doe - HL's Serena
30250_120207361348162_103647186337513_109416_3525154_n.jpg

I've never raised the Cremes, but I raise Champagne d'Argents. I love my Champagnes! They are so beautiful and friendly.

I also raise Californians. I've found that the Californians are generally larger around eating time than the Champagnes. Calis are an excellant meat breed, but can be a little flighty at times. Californians and New Zealands are the two key meat rabbit breeds for commercial meat production. Many of the other breeds can be hard to find and expensive to purchase. I anly paid 100 for my 6 Champagnes, but they are generally more expensive than that.

If you haven't seen a Champagne before, you should look it up!! They are beautiful.

I'd post a pic, but my computer won't let me upload anything.
sad.png

My Doe has her GC and my buck has three legs. One of them is a Best in Show leg!
bun.gif

I love my Silver fox rabbits. They are super friendly and I love the blue coloring on them. I also raise NZ/Cal mix for meat rabbits. Live to far off the beaten path to show rabbits or anything else for that matter. NC is a long state and I am on the east side most of the shows are on the west side of the state.
Sharon

I can't wait to get my first litters of Silver Fox. They are truly gorgeous rabbits. I am a sucker for a beautiful face, and SF have that, for sure!

How big are your SF, Sands? I keep waiting for my does to get bigger, but I think they are maxed out. I need to get them on a scale, but they seem maybe...8-ish pounds at about 8 months. They've been that big though for a long time, now, though. I'm a little worried because the only bucks in the area to breed them to are VERY large. Probably 12-ish pounds. I think they will be ok, though, and it should move in the right direction of fixing the size problems in both lines, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom