Hermaphrodite silkie?

Has anyone had a silkie hen with streamers in their crest? We have one that is 7 months old. Small, like our hens, but with long streamers. He has all the characteristics of our hens. No comb development yet either. Just put him/her into a pen with one rooster that will not accept another rooster in his pen with his girls. The rooster accepted this one, so far. It had been an immediate reaction when another male comes into his pen. This silkie also makes hen noises. We found an egg in the pen this weekend. The other silkies are just 5 months old. We haven't has a silkie lay an egg before 6 months old.
20201201_105549.jpg

Has anyone had a silkie hen with streamers in their crest? We have one that is 7 months old. Small, like our hens, but with long streamers. He has all the characteristics of our hens. No comb development yet either. Just put him/her into a pen with one rooster that will not accept another rooster in his pen with his girls. The rooster accepted this one, so far. It had been an immediate reaction when another male comes into his pen. This silkie also makes hen noises. We found an egg in the pen this weekend. The other silkies are just 5 months old. We haven't has a silkie lay an egg before 6 months old. View attachment 2439534
I had a silkie pullet a couple years who had streamers on the back of her crest. We traded her for a Thanksgiving Turkey though. After a while with the new guy, she started sitting on eggs.

Huh, I see a lot of people calling 'streamer feathers' when its just pin feathers or the normal patchiness of a crest that isn't fully filled out, but those do look like actual streamers. Maybe the chicken equivalent of women who have a bit going on in the facial hair department- that's a rather thin set of streamers, the kind of thing you could easily pluck out in the mirror once a week.

Huh, I see a lot of people calling 'streamer feathers' when its just pin feathers or the normal patchiness of a crest that isn't fully filled out, but those do look like actual streamers. Maybe the chicken equivalent of women who have a bit going on in the facial hair department- that's a rather thin set of streamers, the kind of thing you could easily pluck out in the mirror once a week.
We were going to sell this one as a girl then the streamers popped up. They are long, almost 4 inches long. So we of course said that's a rooster not a girl. He/she is so much smaller that the other roosters much younger than him/her. They all mounted him/her which I
20201204_170054.jpg
known doesn't mean anything. I have another rooster in my bachelor's pen that is constantly being mounted. Then we found the egg in the pen. The other girls are just 5 months old so I don't think it was them so it has us questioning again. The rooster we have this one in with as soon as another rooster comes into the pen he attacks it. He didn't attack this one as a test to weather it is a boy or a girl that looks like a boy. I have hatched out hundreds of silkie roosters over the years so this is mind boggling

Back
Top Bottom