hes a she?

syble

Songster
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
michigan
A while ago i posted up photos of my first coturnix to hatch... it was an odd combo i guess. Normal patterned golden color i think we decided on, and it was labeled definitely male... well the definite male has been laying lol. It was in with the jumbos who i thought 1 had started to lay at 4 weeks, turns out it was this one at 6 weeks lol. but it has no spots and was supposed to be male so i dint think anything of it. also, i never heard it crow so thats what got me. what would be the trigger for the lack of spots?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WELL ITS A BIZARRE MUTT PATERN, SO??? STILL QUITE A COOL LOOKING BIRD
thumbsup.gif

i still like it and want to make more so maybe i'll breed it to the golden jumbo male? Wish i had a better understanding of the genes on these guys lol. I think this is where Quail lady pops up lol

You my friend have a very beautiful Manchurian Hen. Manchurians lack most of what golds/Italians have, the spots. It is quite difficult to get one fully mature since the lethal gene just kicks in moreso than we want. A fawn mutation on the yellow gene creates the pharaoh color to be diverted to a more straw colored bird. It takes the homozygous form of the fawn mutation, whereas the Italian takes the Heterozygous form.

Back
Top Bottom