Hesitant Newbie

MTCoop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
Hi All. I live in Ontario Canada and have been talked into getting Chickens by my husband. We just moved to a home with over an acre of land and he has always wanted to raise some chickens, so here we go. We have 15 chicks coming the end of April and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. I wanted to start with a lot fewer - say 4-8, but regardless, 15 are coming.
Any tips on how big our coop/run should be. In fact, any tips on anything would be helpful. We have never done this before. My hubby is super excited and I have to admit, I am starting to warm up to the idea, just a bit nervous about the whole thing. We found this website through research on the internet and I have to say, I love it. There is so much information on here and I like the thought of talking to other 'chicken' people. Thank you in advance for your advice!

images

You can start by doing some reading in our learning center here on BYC. Lots of good reads on ALL aspects of poultry keeping....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck in your new poultry adventure and welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC. Start with the Learning Center and then study the forums and ask questions. Don't stress - this entire poultry community is here to help you.

As already mentioned the Learning Center is the best place to start. And don't be hesitant! Chicks/Chickens ARE SO MUCH FUN! Chicken TV is the best relaxation I've had in a very long time.

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you everyone for the helpful links and the kind words. The more I read on BYC the less hesitant I become.
Thank you! I am sure that we will have lots of questions as we move forward and its nice to know there is a whole community out here to help us!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great having you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Hope you come back again and again
wee.gif

Some of our flock
highfive.gif

When you get some good help of useful advice here at BYC give the
person or persons the thumbs up button other wise they might not
see you thanking them and that goes straight to their in box
thumbsup.gif

gander007
old.gif

I fear you will soon become a chicken fanatic like the rest of us! Lol I'm sure all your questions will be answered on this site--it's a very helpful place. Good luck with your future flock. Keep us posted!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom