hey all

fishy steve

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 23, 2014
north central, ontario canada
hey everybody, just joined, have came here quite ofton for advice, and found it by searching the forums, figured i would finally join. a little about me, i live in cenrtal ontario cananda, i have bin raising ringneck pheasants for years, and have also gotton into raising chickens, the last 2 years. currently i am breeding a light brahma rooster, with red sexlink hens, and have got 8 chicks that i am raising from them, they are about a month old now. we also have 2 horses. and now i have turned a new page in the farming book, and have decided to pick up a free billy goat that was posted on kijiji... everything i have read has said not to start with a billy goat, but it was free, and he's only 6 months old, so figure he's a good one to give a try... so will see how this goes LOL

frow.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. The first breed I ever raised were Light Brahmas (about 50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. Red Sex Links are hardy, egg laying machines. I raised them for years, and along with my Black Sex Links, they were my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You are going to get loads of eggs from those two girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a very nice little farm going up there!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock!

Lots of chicken people have goats - have heard that a "non neutered male" really smells., and are usually de-horned because they can be rambunctious (to say the least). Goats are also great escape artists. Be prepared for anything.

Back
Top Bottom