Hey cockatoo owners!!

Do you love cockatoos?

• Total voters
Pics

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hey there fellow cockatoo owners! Welcome to a thread specifically for us! I have had my umbrella cockatoo for 1 year and absolutely love her (maybe not her screaming and tearing up my dresser lol 🙃) before her I had a sun conure, mango, but he passed away. RIP sweet mango.
Here is my cookie! Beware she is a serious cuddle bug and loves to be in my shirt
Screenshot_20220810-210921_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-211006_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-211012_Photos.jpg

I should also mention cookie is 22 Years old and is a rescue. Her story is quite amazing, her 1st owner were a older couple that unfortunately passed away about 2 years ago. They had about 20 parrots and their kids did not want any of they so they gave them to the rescue. Then another person adopted her, a woman who got her as a companion for her husband who had cancer and was home alone all day ( kids at school and wife worked). He too unfortunately passed away and the woman realized that they were not able to give her the time she deserved so they gave her back to the rescue 💔. Finally I came along....my mango had been in and out of vet and was currently trying to ween out of a oxygen chamber we created at my home. Unfortunately he had what I believe was a stroke while in the chamber and was on the edge of life that day. I finally came to the conclusion that I should either put him down or let him die on my lap where he wanted to be, I held him as he took his last breath. Only 1 night went by when waking up to a empty cage wad to much and I needed another bird. We went to a local rescue but no bird really felt like "the one" so I came home in tears. I searched and searched and found a rescue 3 hours from us, we called her and she said she thought she had the perfect bird for me. After seeing her pictures I knew she was it. Turns out she had only been in the rescue 2 days, we even went by the 2nd owners house to buy her cage for her and they got to say goodbye. Me and cookie had so much in common.....we both lost someone very dear to us and needed a unconditional love. ❤️

Cookie is amazing! I used to want a cockatoo but upon research, realized that it would be too big of a commitment regarding noise level, neediness, and longevity. I'm content to admire others' cockatoos, though!
Does Cookie let anyone else handle or pet her, or is she a one man/one woman bird?

Cookie is amazing! I used to want a cockatoo but upon research, realized that it would be too big of a commitment regarding noise level, neediness, and longevity. I'm content to admire others' cockatoos, though!
Does Cookie let anyone else handle or pet her, or is she a one man/one woman bird?
She loves everyone EXCEPT my dad, I don't know why but she hates him. I am glad you were smart enough to realize that they weren't a good fit for you. Many people aren't and end up with sad birds and annoyed owners

Back
Top Bottom