hey, do you think my new chicks look strange? pic inside...

tazzy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Kentucky
Well, I went to three TSC stores today, searching for buff orpington and/or light brahmas chicks. I ended up bringing these four little guys home. Is it just me, or are they odd-looking chicks?
wink.png

ducksonmarch17.jpg

(seriously, aren't my four new little baby ducks adorable???? I haven't raised ducks before. we're in for an adventure in poultry! two white pekin and two mallards.)

They are lots of fun but messier than chicks. They really like to play in the water container. They do not grow and featherout as fgast as chicks either but they tame easy and will follow you around like a puppy. Have fun!

I have raised ducks, and they are wonderful! Start looking for a baby pool now! Congrats- I think- they are messy little puddlers!
love.gif

oh, thanks everyone! we were wondering what to do for a water supply and were thinking about getting a baby pool. we have five acres, but no pond! I called my dad, who grew up on a farm with ducks, etc., to make sure it was okay to get them without our own pond. he said sure, no problem, but don't be surprised if they go next door to our neighbor's pond all the time, or the creek across the road from our house!

I love animals and this will be so much fun to raise a few ducks.

Oh, and our order for light brahmas just went through at cackle hatchery, so those little guys will be arriving in a couple of weeks. We're still having problems finding buff orpingtons right now, but I told my husband if we just wait, we'll have some, because we have seven buff orp hens of our own and every summer at least a couple of them go broody.

Back
Top Bottom