Hey everybody!

Dixiechick20

In the Brooder
Dec 29, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My mom, sister, and I, have had a rooster and one blind hen for a couple of years that we took on from my other sister when she moved. When our poor rooster (Hank) died from a hawk we decided to get our old girl another companion. Bowie who we just got in October. This led to getting more chickens...

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now we have 8 chickens total. We had 9 but just lost one of our buff orps a couple days ago.

(3) What breeds do you have?

1 buff Orpington, 1 chocolate laced Orpington, 2 welsummers, 2 crested cream leg bars, 1 buckeye, and our Roo is a silkie Ameracauna cross (we think).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Just spending time with them, they’re so fun to watch. They all have different personalities that I love and that make me laugh. And of course watching their little chicken butts run haha.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Reading, Cooking, Baking and experimenting with kombucha are a couple of my favorite things.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Along with having family chickens I have a dog named chloe (rescue) and a cat named Kiwi (rescued from Pennsylvania as a feral kitten). I have two older sisters (I’m the youngest child at 20 yrs old)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I haven’t known about BYC for very long. I came across it when I started having a ton of chicken questions after I brought home my two crested cream legbar chicks in October! And I thought why haven’t I joined since I’m on here all the time 😂 so here I am!

Back
Top Bottom