Hey everyone! New member!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickensinseattle, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Chickensinseattle

Chickensinseattle New Egg

Sep 29, 2008
    I am a 28 yr old microbiology student in Seattle. We are hopefully about to get a rental house and (god willing) be begining a wonderful journey into the fabulous world of chickens. I have two dogs, 4 geckos, 3 snakes, a parakeet, and a little daughter who is about to turn 7. We are hoping to get them young so that they can become used to people, as my daughter wants to be their best friend. If you have any valuable information to share with us please do. Thank you very much and I look forward to asking questions, and then more questions,.. and then..... well you get it. Have a good day.

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

HI and [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG] Welcome to the world of being owned by chickens. Yeah.....people might say.." Oh, I own a few chickens" But really....they own you.
    Advise : Check your local chicken laws BEFORE you dive in. Too many times people have bought cute little fuzzy butts...fallen in love..and made them part of the family...only to find out they could not legally keep them. Very heartbreaking. I hope where you live, or will be moving to, allows chickens..and may you be blessed with many eggs!!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hello!!...you came to the right place to have your questions answered!...good luck!.and welcome!..[​IMG]..Wendy

5. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

You'll learn a lot here, that's for sure!!

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

Best way to become friends with chickens is treats

7. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

You have come to the right place!!! Welcome to BYC!!!!!! You will love it here, everyone is so nice and helpful!!! I love them all!!!

[​IMG]

8. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    Welcome to BYC, this site has very good advice and some of the nicest people u'll ever talk to

9. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    Welcome! [​IMG] This place is great and we all help each other, as our chickens get us trained to their many needs: food, treats, food, more treats, more food...you get the idea![​IMG]

PS - your user name is a hoot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by