HEY EVERYONE! PLEASE READ!

welcome-byc.gif

It's awesome to have you join us!
smile.png

Welcome!
You need to tell us where you are. Then you can connect with local folks.
Also, I always recommend craigslist & bestfarmbuys.com
Best of Luck!!!

welcome-byc.gif

In the spring I will have rosecomb RIR. These are not hatchery birds but come from a breeder.
Lots of friendly people here with lots of chicken knowledge or just about anything else too.

Hey Chicken Boy! Welcome to BYC and understand that you are about to acquire a major obsession (which you may already have since you're here!)

If you want silkie chicks call Ideal Poultry (www.idealpoultry.com) they have all colors, and they'll ship small orders all year. I got some red silkies from them earlier this Spring and they're beautiful big birds, and just starting to lay. They have all breeds, and they are lovely to deal with.

On the other hand, (don't know where you are) I always have fertile eggs for sale that can be shipped. The only problem can be that sometimes the chicks are hybrids- silkie/polish; silkie/japanese or full silkie, and there's no guarantee until they hatch! I have 73 chicks right now, ranging from 3 weeks to 3 months old- I'm in Northern VA (outside Fredericksburg) if you're interested. I can send you pictures of the kids if you'd like.

How many chicks/birds do you have now?

Robin

Back
Top Bottom