HEY EVERYONE,POST YOUR FAVORITE KINDA CHICKENS HERE!!!!!!

I love them all!

At the moment, my GLWs are my favorite because they have developed the absolutely charming habit of jumping up on my arm, back or lap, depending on what I'm doing. I went out to the coop tonight to tell them goodnight and two of the goldens jumped up on the windowsill.
love.gif
They make me feel like million dollars.

But I love my Moneypenny (rhode island red) and my EE girls (Janis and Amy) are sweet, too.

I don't think I have a favorite...I think I'm nuts about them all!

Russian Orloffs, adorable chipmunk cheeks as chicks
orloffpeeper.gif

abundant feathers with beautiful patterns
OrloffPair2.jpg

good layers and broodies
mostly sweet and calm but just a little bit gamey at times
big_smile.png

HackledZachar.jpg

Well, I only have 3 birds total, so I guess I'd say they are my faves! RIR, Buff Orp & a Black Star. I have to say that I am partial to my Buff Orp, however. She's so sweet and mild mannered. They all are really, but I guess I like her the most.

thanks everybody, this turned to be a great post and all of those cute pictures are just great, so really thanks.

P.S its ok if youve only raised a few breeds yourself, i just like to know what other people raised and enjoy raising so i can influence my oun opinion.

-CALEB:yiipchick

Last edited:
Le Fleche. Hands down.

eta: They are just the coolest looking birds!!! My second fave is the EE, they are thrifty, good foragers and friendly. Gotta love the colored eggs too
big_smile.png
Last would be the Jumbo Cornish Crosses, because they taste great!

Last edited:
Seramas and Sex-links. Seramas are small, with sweet roosters, and the hens are always going broody (good and bad thing). Sex-links, with most of them, they are very sweet and super egglayers.

Silkies, because they are adorable and cuddly
OEG bantams. Because they are tiny and sweet
Buff Orps--because they are calm and sweet
SL wyndotts- because they are beautiful
Americuanas--Good layers and start layin early
BRs- Calm, beautiful and I love their high "hen like" tail carriage
Egyptian Fayoumis- great foragers, small and sprightly
SS Hamburg--very intersting gorgeous birds

Old english game bantams, because: Funny crows, "cocky" attitude but then wont do anything naughty. and generally nice (all mine are.. and the ones i've seen BUT.. generally because of the stories i've heard of them being completely evil), Gamefowl: Beautiful colors.. and same reasons as bantams. - the wont do anything naughty.. Sumatras : i love their color and how most are solid black, the characteristics i've read about them (Cant wait to get Sumatras
tongue.png
), and Modern games/Naked necks.: Because their completely odd and unlike others. phoenixs:Because their so beautiful

Back
Top Bottom