Hey Folks! Get Some Netting And A Tarp! Make....Magic?

kbroom

Songster
Jan 26, 2023
My little flock are unanimous about their opinion for their new yard run! I felt sorry for them, because they were actually stretching their little necks to get to the grass outside their chicken run gate. So, I went to work with my husband's sledge hammer, some netting that I still had, a tarp from Harbor Freight, and some garden fence posts. I worked all day in the hot sun, and that's saying something here in south Texas! But nothing's too good for my babies! Sweetie was the first one to venture into the unknown territory. You'd think it was Mars, the way she approached it! Soon the others Sugar, and Joy followed her. Then, finally, my younger flock tip toed in, with Precious taking the lead. Now, I don't know if they got any worms, but they WERE picking at SOMETHING. Sweetie is my Rock Island Barr, Joy is the Easter Egger, and Sugar is my Golden Laced Wyandotte. My little girls are the Golden Sex Links. Their names are Precious, Goldie, Danielle and Leann.

I also show some pictures of inside their coop, where there is no grass, but they have everything else to keep them entertained, that I can think of. In one pic, Joy and Sugar have just discovered Peppermint and Aloe plants. Another shows Joy on top of the food bucket. One pic shows my Golden Sex Links sitting on top of the mirror, with Precious still looking at herself in the mirror!

Attachments

• IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    664.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4784.JPG
    IMG_4784.JPG
    546.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4779.JPG
    IMG_4779.JPG
    659.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4773.JPG
    IMG_4773.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4742.JPG
    IMG_4742.JPG
    903.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4740.JPG
    IMG_4740.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4760.JPG
    IMG_4760.JPG
    882.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4763.JPG
    IMG_4763.JPG
    687 KB · Views: 20
Nice sized extension, though you need to be sure to remove the tarp before any rain storms as it will collapse under the weight of accumulated water.
Yep. Good thought. Too bad I tie strapped it together. Maybe I'll just release one side of it before a rain?

My little flock are unanimous about their opinion for their new yard run! I felt sorry for them, because they were actually stretching their little necks to get to the grass outside their chicken run gate. So, I went to work with my husband's sledge hammer, some netting that I still had, a tarp from Harbor Freight, and some garden fence posts. I worked all day in the hot sun, and that's saying something here in south Texas! But nothing's too good for my babies! Sweetie was the first one to venture into the unknown territory. You'd think it was Mars, the way she approached it! Soon the others Sugar, and Joy followed her. Then, finally, my younger flock tip toed in, with Precious taking the lead. Now, I don't know if they got any worms, but they WERE picking at SOMETHING. Sweetie is my Rock Island Barr, Joy is the Easter Egger, and Sugar is my Golden Laced Wyandotte. My little girls are the Golden Sex Links. Their names are Precious, Goldie, Danielle and Leann.

I also show some pictures of inside their coop, where there is no grass, but they have everything else to keep them entertained, that I can think of. In one pic, Joy and Sugar have just discovered Peppermint and Aloe plants. Another shows Joy on top of the food bucket. One pic shows my Golden Sex Links sitting on top of the mirror, with Precious still looking at herself in the mirror!
Nothing to do with the tarp...but are your feeder cups facing the wrong way?

I wondered that myself, that the feeder cups were facing the wrong way? But that's the way they came. If I turn them the other way, the feed will fall out! But I did see other ones that looked different. I guess that's why my birds are exceptional? Ha, ha, ha!

Attachments

• IMG_4985.JPG
    IMG_4985.JPG
    855.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4983.JPG
    IMG_4983.JPG
    537.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom