Hey Gang! Whatcha think of my plans and Rooster issue?

LOL I do that as well, and i have had laying hens for a year and a half now xD lololol... when most people hear the egg song I hear the money song, so I run out their to check it out
gig.gif

Sometimes a flock owner would refer to the egg song as the money song. That the hen was singing to tell them another egg was there for the sale. Its interesting how a good analogy, saying often gets reborn, sometimes with out a connection with the old. Maybe there is nothing new under the sun.

I still have 32 chickens left, but am still heavy on roos...for example, I have 2 cream legbar roos, but have read a couple of posts about folks prize rooster dying from all this heat! So maybe I need to keep a spare, you know the old saying 2 is one and 1 is none. I do think I will sell eggs, but have also thought about sellling hatching eggs, I will have Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons, Isbars, Cream Leghorns, Dominiques, Speckled Sussex, Ameracaunas. I need to check into the requirements in Georgia to be able to sell eggs for consumption, a neighbor who actively sells blueberries and blackberries at the local farmers market says that she can because she has hers right there by her house....I kind of thought there was more to it than that.

Forgot about my Wellsummers!!! Oh yeah, I cleaned out my coop again Saturday, NO WORMS, hooray!! So, I am going with maggots for the previous experience---did find one mice though, scared the crap out of me!!! I think I jumped about 5 feet!

Forgot about my Wellsummers!!! Oh yeah, I cleaned out my coop again Saturday, NO WORMS, hooray!! So, I am going with maggots for the previous experience---did find one mice though, scared the crap out of me!!! I think I jumped about 5 feet!
I figured they were maggots .... I have a mouse as well... gotta figure out how to kill that sucker!

I'm drwoning in Nankin Roosters. I want to thin the flock so badly to cut down on the food bill, but The won't quit breaking their feathers so that I can pick my two breeders....

Back
Top Bottom