Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
Have a great Birthday dinner and make sure you order dessert.
droolin.gif

Sandee

Hospital food all day yesterday, and today! My DS is in for some tests. We are both impressed at the quality of the food, today we will have hospital pizza for lunch. I am starving but he is asleep so I will order our breakfast when he wakes up. Yesterday he had a breakfast sandwich and I had an omelet, both were pretty good.

Dar I hope your Birthday supper was delicious!

thechickenchick - I hope you get good results from the testing! Glad to hear that the hospital food is actually pretty good.

Dar - Happy belated birthday. I hope it was wonderful!

Thanks for the recipes, BettyR!

Dinner tonight is Baked Salmon with Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes, brown rice, green beans, and salad.

2DogsFarm: I too would like to know why your chicken is under a brick?!

Dar: Happy belated Birthday!! What did you order for dinner?

Today, spicy sausage & peppers over rice.

Thank you BYB and Dragonfly
smile.png
I am hoping we get some encouraging results this time.
fl.gif

I am not sure what we are going to order for supper,but the mini pizzas we had for lunch were great!

Quote:
I had a big honkin honey glazed steak... with a stuffed baked potato and for dessert i had a sampler platter so it had a chocolate brownie smothered in butterscotch, and a piece of a blonde brownie in chocolate sauce , and finally chocolate mousse

tonight was scalloped potatoes and pork chops

Quote:
I had a big honkin honey glazed steak... with a stuffed baked potato and for dessert i had a sampler platter so it had a chocolate brownie smothered in butterscotch, and a piece of a blonde brownie in chocolate sauce , and finally chocolate mousse

tonight was scalloped potatoes and pork chops

Sounds like your Birthday dinner was a good - especially dessert.

Tonight stuffed french toast since I have 24 1/2 pints of Boysenberry jelly to get done when I get home from work. At this time of the year I need every minute possible to keep up with canning all the goodies from the berry patch and garden.

Sandee

Last night was amazing!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/victorygarden/eat/recipes/tortillas_salsa.html

I did a variation on the salsa by sauteeing some balsamic vinegar marinated chicken leg quarters with olive oil, red onion & garlic first and adding them to my own "salsa combo" using 3 color bell peppers, fresh corn cut from the cob & chopped baby spinach which I tossed briefly in the hot olive oil from sauteeing the chicken legs while I pulled the meat from the bone.

Then I had DH peel a carrot & cucumber right down to the seeds and used those "shreds" with diced cherry tomatoes on top of the whole thing. It was WONDERFUL! Hot fresh thick corn flatbread on the bottom, warm chicken veg mixture piled on that... cold tomatoes & cucumber/carrot shreds on top of that... and finally, we used a LITTLE vinegar & oil dressing over the whole thing with feta cheese & black olives.

HOLY MOLY!

PS.. if you make the flatbread... I would decrease the salt by at LEAST half, it was WAY too salty for my own tastes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom