Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

you all are good. I have no excuse at all.

I put potato hash browns on pizza and wonder why it's not melting.
But, it was just the once, right? You haven't continued to do that, have you? Cause then we might need to have an intervention of sorts
big_smile.png

Or, you know....not.
tongue.png

We should be having a zucchini/low-cab lasagna and maybe some cheesy bread tonight. Frest tomatoes, of course!

I went back to work today and hubby is on vacation this week so we don't have to get a sitter for the boys. I came home and he had rotel dip and taquitos for supper! Yes! Happy wife, right here!

I went back to work today and hubby is on vacation this week so we don't have to get a sitter for the boys. I came home and he had rotel dip and taquitos for supper! Yes! Happy wife, right here!
I literally cried last week when honey had dinner ready when I got home, I'd been so stressed about it. Good move on his part, let me tell you
wink.png

Tonight we had zucchini casserole.

AWW THATS SOOO NICE..! GOOD FOR YOU,
frow.gif
TONIGHT im making egg plant Parmesan, its been cold & raining for days , sooo we need some comfort food ....LOL.... TAKE CARE & HAVE A GOOD ONE
highfive.gif

Sweet and sour green beans?
smile.png

I have not heard of such things.
do tell.
Sorry for the delay, I missed your question completely.

Sweet Sour green beans is 3-4 slices of bacon diced and browned in a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour in 1 can of drained green beans, heat until beans are warmed through. I like mine more vinegary (is that a word?) so I use more vinegar than sugar. My dad likes them sweeter, so mom makes them with more sugar. Make them with 2 tablespoons of each to begin with, then taste a green bean when they are hot and then add more of what you like. They taste a little different once the beans are hot, than they do when you first pour in the beans. You can also do this with garden fresh green beans, you just need to precook the beans (I steam them when I use fresh) and then add the rest of the ingredients about 5 min. before serving.

Back
Top Bottom