Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

We are having tuna noodle casserole tonight. Quick, easy, and yummy considering I have a faculty meeting and church tonight.

On another note, I'm absolutely crazy about avocados right now. Been eating them plain with a little salt and pepper and I've got my side dish.

Add a squish of lime, or key lime, or lemon.
It goes "POW!"
..not out loud, but in your mouth.
No, that sounds violent... It is an added taste sensation.

Last edited:
We are going out to one of the local steak houses tonight for Valentines Day. I usually get the prime rib, that is to die for, but I'm thinking of trying something different this time. I will let you know. ;). Happy Valentines Day!

I'm cooking a big pot of stuffed peppers. Enough for tonight and 3 meals to freeze. They will be served with mashed potatoes and green beans tonight. I'm also going to make a big batch of creamed spinach for future consumption.

I'm cooking a big pot of stuffed peppers.  Enough for tonight and 3 meals to freeze.  They will be served with mashed potatoes and green beans tonight.  I'm also going to make a big batch of creamed spinach for future consumption.

Could you please share your recipe? I love bell peppers and this might be something I'd like. The kids and hub might not eat it, but I would.

Randi

Nothing complicated on the stuffed peppers.

2 lbs ground round
2 lbs meatloaf mix
3 onions diced
cooked rice - maybe a cup and a half
Worcestershire sauce - a shake here and there
3 eggs
mix thoroughly

Remove the tops and clean peppers, place in a large pan, add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce (almost to tops of peppers), and then cook forever over low to medium heat. We salt to taste on serving - you may want to add salt to the mix. Twice as good the second day.

Nothing complicated on the stuffed peppers.

2 lbs ground round
2 lbs meatloaf mix
3 onions diced
cooked rice - maybe a cup and a half
Worcestershire sauce - a shake here and there
3 eggs
mix thoroughly

Remove the tops and clean peppers, place in a large pan, add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce (almost to tops of peppers), and then cook forever over low to medium heat.  We salt to taste on serving - you may want to add salt to the mix.  Twice as good the second day.

Meatloaf mix, is that your seasoning? That does seem easy enough. Thanks!

Randi

Last night we had left over pot roast (I froze the extra from last time) , mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and Crescent rolls.

This afternoon we are going to see a movie and hopefully stop at I Hop for buttermilk pancakes. Sounds good to me - now to persuade the Princess.

Back
Top Bottom