Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Pics

Zookeeper9000

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Gladstone MI
I just went to post what I made for Supper and found that the old thread is going to be in the spring clean up. My understanding is that we can start a new thread. So here it is hope nobody minds that I started it.

I made a pork butt roast and poured a bag of sauerkraut over that (juice and all) then added a bottle of kraft rasberry vinaigrete salad dressing to that. Baked it at 250 degree for about 6 hours (till meat was done). I would make this again.

smile.png
I'm so glad you started (continued) this thread Zookeeper! Thanks!

Unfortunately a lot of great menu ideas and recipes will soon be lost in cyber-space and (hopefully) replaced by many more here.

We had grilled pork chops tonight, boiled red potatoes with parsley and butter, and a broccoli, cauliflower and carrot vegetable mix.

Your dinner sounds much more interesting. Yuummm! I eat leftovers!

Thanks for starting Part 2 of this thread, Zookeeper9000! I sure hope everyone finds their way back to this discussion.

All the extras we didn't finish at Thanksgiving (due to gettin' tired of the same ol' same ol' day after day!
lol.png
) have been frozen for later use in other dishes. I hate wasting things. So, tonight's supper is shepherd's pie with the last of the mashed potatoes.
smile.png
I just sent hubby off to the store to pick up some English stout to go with it. And, I have a nice big bottle of HP Sauce. Yum! Rain is on the way and this is nice comfort food!

I'm with BB on wanting comfort food tonight!

French Onion soup served in homemade French bread bowls with LOTS of cheese, tossed green salad with a red wine vinaigrette, creme brulee for dessert and a domestic Petite Sirah wine to round things out.
wink.png

It never went above 18 degrees today with wind chills hovering around zero. We don't usually see such cold until late January.

Last night was tacos, no frills, not even lettuce. What can I say, I was having a lazy dinner night.
Tonight should be better, that is, if I can find the energy to want to cook. lol

Ask my girls what they had for dinner friday night, they wont tell you we had pork chops, they are adament that they ate skunk. lol
Man, Jim feeds my kids wierd foods. Snake, guinea, rooster, deer, why not skunk. lol

Back
Top Bottom