Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

• 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker--Pressure Cooker,
  • Slow Cooker,
  • Rice Cooker,
  • Saute/Browning,
  • Yogurt Maker, (wow. it really does do it all!)
  • Steamer & Warmer
I might ask hubby for one for Christmas. We usually do not give presents, When we first started out our impoverished married life, we would only spend money on quality tools to make life easier.

.. but, this might count as a tool. Tools are acceptable. Yeah a tool. It's a cooking tool Yeah, I can sell that.
wink.png
It's absolutely a tool! Honestly, does the man want to eat or not?

I just have the regular pressure cooker, not electric or anything. It works great on days we process, a whole dp cockerel takes about 40 min to cook. I just keep it running, cool and pick the meat, and save a ton of freezer space. A whole bird fits down to this...

and it's already cooked and ready to go when it's dinner time!

I just brought hubby over here to see it and said, "Can I have this for Christmas?" and he said. 'Yes. of course. That is what we will get for you,"

EASY!
..too easy...
hmm.png

I just brought hubby over here to see it and said, "Can I have this for Christmas?" and he said. 'Yes. of course. That is what we will get for you,"

EASY!
..too easy..
hmm.png
Are you kidding? That's probably what he's thinking! My honey would love it if I did the shopping for him...

My grandmother used to buy her own Christmas presents and put my grandfather's name on it. The hilarious thing was she'd forget what she bought herself.
Careful, I resemble that remark
tongue.png

I was just telling my friends that a Pampered Chef party is like a two-fer for me. I get to go shopping at the party, then two weeks later when the order arrives, I've forgotten what I ordered, so it's like a surprise gift
gig.gif

Quote:
lol.png
She used to shop 6 months in advance, and wrap them. So by the time Christmas rolled around, she really had forgotten. It turned out to be one of those nice, childhood memories. Now, she has Dementia and it's difficult to see that she isn't the same person anymore.

Last edited:
Oh, I am so sorry. As I was reading this I was thinking about how my grandmother would get my grandfather what he hinted all year for, and then three days before Christmas, he'd go buy it for himself.

Never failed.
Every year.
I think it was his running gag, but she did not appreciate the humor.

She ended up with dementia as well. I lost my favorite person a little bit everyday.
I am sorry you all are going through it.

Oh, I am so sorry. As I was reading this I was thinking about how my grandmother would get my grandfather what he hinted all year for, and then three days before Christmas, he'd go buy it for himself.

Never failed.
Every year.
I think it was his running gag, but she did not appreciate the humor.

She ended up with dementia as well. I lost my favorite person a little bit everyday.
I am sorry you all are going through it.
That is pretty funny.
lol.png

Thank you, it's not easy watching her degrade. Every once in a great while you get a peek of the person she used to be, but it's pretty rare. She still recognizes me, so that's a good thing. I took her out of the memory care facility today and took her to lunch. She loved every minute of it, and she ate well. Keeping weight on her has been a big problem, so even though she said she didn't want dessert, I ordered it anyway - and she ate it.
big_smile.png

I'm sorry you had to go through this too. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Last edited:
yep, the enormity of the emotional toll of watching your parents slide down 'that' hill...... has surprised me.

(not specifically or only dementia.... but that entire downward slide)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom