Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Let's not talk about that 'downward slide' - it's not that far away for some of us. Been through the worry and sense of helplessness with my Mom and the Princess's Mom and Dad. My father had a great day somewhere in his mid 60's, went to bed and never woke up. Way to go.

Tonight we ate stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes, green beans and rye bread. On a sad note, we are 15 tomatoes away from having to buy store tomatoes.
barnie.gif

I had two racks of spareribs thawed and rubbed to be cooked in the oven today. Then, I saw it was the last day to get chuck roasts and chix breast on sale, so I went shopping. Decided since I was going to have the oven low and slow for the ribs, I'd cook a roast and some veggies. Also stuck 8lbs of chix breast in there. When I pulled it all out, I decided the roast and veggies looked best for dinner tonight....and I'm not cooking anymore for the entire week
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Tonight we ate stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes, green beans and rye bread.  On a sad note, we are 15 tomatoes away from having to buy store tomatoes.  :barnie

Oooooh! Have a cool evening cocktail party for "THE NIGHT OF THE LAST TOMATO". Serve good food, have the last tomato as a center piece.

It would be fun.

Bloody Marys.
I can see it now.
What a great party!

I want an invite.
It is okay sour,I am officially to far away to worry about me showing up with my tomatoes.

Not nice, 3goodeggs. My Mom spent the last 35 years of her life in Fla. and had 'year round' tomato plants growing. She even grew tomatoes in the assisted care facility where she spent her last 2.5 years. She used to taunt me with her 'twice a year' garden.

@sourland your house has stable temps..... grow an indoor tomato plant. I got a pepper plant in my livingroom. it looks pretty sad.

Now, for the topic!

Spouse and youngest child made homemade potato and garlic soup. Child #2 snagged ALL of the crispy onions that were supposed to go on top.

Not sure how that happened.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom