Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Yippee!

Crab season on the Pacific Coast!
woot.gif

Mary, you want to go to a Crab Feed with me in January? Nobody else in my family likes crab.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Tonights dinner... Mushroom Soup & sliced beef sandwiches with tomato, cucumber + spinach on toasted garlic bread.
1/2 cup dried porcini or other dried mushrooms
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced...
1 C. fresh shiitake mushrooms, trimmed, halved thinly sliced
2 C. fresh button or other wild mushrooms (use what available to you), thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry sherry or chicken stock
1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 large tomato, cored, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a small bowl, combine dried mushrooms and 1 cup boiling water and let stand 10 minutes or until softened. Using slotted spoon, remove mushrooms, coarsely chop. Strain soaking liquid through a sieve lined with cheese cloth.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Stir in dried mushrooms, add shiitakes, and sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Add button or other mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes or until they begin to release their liquid.
Add soaking liquid and bring to boil. Add sherry and cook 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add 1 1/2 cups water, stock, tomato, tarragon and pepper. Bring mushroom soup to boil, then reduce heat simmer, covered, 10 minutes

Morel mushrooms are wonderful if you dried any from your spring pickings.

Ron - it's actually what he lived on for 4 years of college.
barnie.gif
I think that his wife and girls feed him a little better now. Left on his own, I have no doubt that he would once again revert to hotdogs and mac and cheese.

Ron - it's actually what he lived on for 4 years of college.
barnie.gif
I think that his wife and girls feed him a little better now. Left on his own, I have no doubt that he would once again revert to hotdogs and mac and cheese.
Or take out.

A lot of Millennials do not know how to cook.

Back
Top Bottom