Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

I cant believe you guys haven't banned me from this thread yet
hide.gif
. I just cant stop coming here to hear about all the yummy food people make! I made a pasta salad AND a potato salad on Easter. (I know, 2 side-dishes big deal.) Pasta salad, I make all the time, but this is the 1st time that I've made a potato salad that I've actually been proud of. I went out on a limb and used balsamic vinegar instead of white or apple cider, diced in a couple baby, cocktail cucumbers instead of pickles & added a ton of dill. What a nice difference they made!

I cant believe you guys haven't banned me from this thread yet
hide.gif
. I just cant stop coming here to hear about all the yummy food people make! I made a pasta salad AND a potato salad on Easter. (I know, 2 side-dishes big deal.) Pasta salad, I make all the time, but this is the 1st time that I've made a potato salad that I've actually been proud of. I went out on a limb and used balsamic vinegar instead of white or apple cider, diced in a couple baby, cocktail cucumbers instead of pickles & added a ton of dill. What a nice difference they made!
Sounds very tasty!

That sounds amazing. Is orange fluff like pink stuff? We actually had fast food on easter because we were too late to potluck because we were trying to visit with everyone in town.
Nope, it's orange and super smooth. Dunno how she makes it...I don't eat it. <Sigh>

My sister is the potato salad queen in our family - I'll have to tell her about your way, ROOB. (Hey, ROOB - I kinda like that and it's easier to spell!)

Last edited:
Nope, it's orange and super smooth.  Dunno how she makes it...I don't eat it.  <Sigh>

My sister is the potato salad queen in our family - I'll have to tell her about your way, ROOB.  (Hey, ROOB - I kinda like that and it's easier to spell!)

My Mamaw is the potato salad queen here.

Idk what we will do when she's gone.

I cant believe you guys haven't banned me from this thread yet :oops: . I just cant stop coming here to hear about all the yummy food people make! I made a pasta salad AND a potato salad on Easter. (I know, 2 side-dishes big deal.) Pasta salad, I make all the time, but this is the 1st time that I've made a potato salad that I've actually been proud of. I went out on a limb and used balsamic vinegar instead of white or apple cider, diced in a couple baby, cocktail cucumbers instead of pickles & added a ton of dill. What a nice difference they made!

I also made potato salad and had a friend bring pasta salad. I'm on a Keto diet so I only eat carbs on special occassions so I had to make the potato salad. I put dill pickle relish, diced salad dill pickles and lots of dill. I also use a few splashes of pickle juice instead of cider vinegar. One thing I did different this time tho is I normally do skin on red potatatoes and this time I did skin off russett potatoes. They were very creamy and easy to do.I boiled them whole with the skin on then just slipped the skin off. I put boiled eggs, raw onion,celery, scallions, mayo and very little mustard on,mine as well.

Last edited:
For Easter we had ham shank, smoked top round, Mac n cheese casserole, pasta salad, honey butter carrots, potato salad, green bean casserole, rainbow cake, banana puddin and brownies. It was all Devine.

Sometimes I do marinate them but not always. Just depends on my situation that day. I grow my own chicken but sometimes we buy wings because we run out of them first. If you can marinate any chicken the end product is going to be better. I have not frozen chicken and eaten it later but I do it with smoked beef and pork all the time. I say try it out and see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom