Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

going to Italian restaurant tonight---new Grandson's first public dining ( 5 months old)
We took our youngest DD out to an Italian Restaurant the same day she was born! I thought the waitress was going to turn us into CPS LOL!

She was a home birth too

No idea... DW pulled out skirt steaks. Probably throw those on the grill with a salad or some other vegetable and potatoes. Seems easy and I can cook it all on the grill so there's no pots and pans to wash.
This is a very good skirt steak reicipe!

Coffee and Sugar crusted Skirt Steak
Ingredients
 1/4 c. finely ground espresso coffee (not instant)
 1/4 c. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
 1/8 tsp. five-spice powder
 Pinch cayenne pepper
 2 1/2 lb. skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
 1 tbsp. olive oil
Directions
1. Heat grill to high.
2. Combine coffee, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, five-spice powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
3. Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Rub steak with oil, and sprinkle with rub. Massage rub into meat.
4. Grill until charred and medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing at an angle. Serve immediately.

This is a very good skirt steak reicipe!

Coffee and Sugar crusted Skirt Steak
Ingredients
 1/4 c. finely ground espresso coffee (not instant)
 1/4 c. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
 1/8 tsp. five-spice powder
 Pinch cayenne pepper
 2 1/2 lb. skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
 1 tbsp. olive oil
Directions
1. Heat grill to high.
2. Combine coffee, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, white pepper, five-spice powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
3. Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Rub steak with oil, and sprinkle with rub. Massage rub into meat.
4. Grill until charred and medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing at an angle. Serve immediately.
I will need to try that.

Today ended up being skirt stall just seasoned and grilled. DW cooked while I was cutting grass and pulling weeds. She made quinoa instead of potatoes and fried green beans with bacon as a veg. Gotta love that bacon vegetable. I haven't managed to figure out how to grow it in the garden though. 🤣

I will need to try that.

Today ended up being skirt stall just seasoned and grilled. DW cooked while I was cutting grass and pulling weeds. She made quinoa instead of potatoes and fried green beans with bacon as a veg. Gotta love that bacon vegetable. I haven't managed to figure out how to grow it in the garden though. 🤣
The skirt steak recipe if amazing!

Green beans with bacon is a favorite for sure.

Back
Top Bottom