Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Sheet pan dinner tonight. I spatchcocked a couple of chickens last grocery trip and cut each in half, then froze them. Gives us 4 meals off two chickens, a bargain with today’s prices! I’ll season the chicken, surround it on the sheet tray with cubed taters, asparagus, carrots, beets, parsnips, onions and garlic, and then roast it. Hate to have the oven on when temps are in the upper 90s and we don’t have air conditioning yet, but I’m just so hungry for roasted veggies, so might as well toss the chicken in with it.
I roasted a spatch cocked chicken on Saturday and made chicken soup from the leftover meat and bones on Sunday. It is a good use of the whole bird!

I roasted a spatch cocked chicken on Saturday and made chicken soup from the leftover meat and bones on Sunday. It is a good use of the whole bird!
Yep. I have a bag that I keep bones, scraps of meat, and veggie trimmings in. I freeze it. When the bag is full, I make stock. I keep a beef one and a chicken (poultry) one going all the time.

Back
Top Bottom