Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
Dawn, that's a lovely plate of comfort food.

Tonight we had:

Grilled Bass
Blackened Shrimp
Salad - added some newly canned garbanzo beans
Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
Dinner Rolls

Quote:
Thanks Monica I will try this one. Am I correct that you store in an airtight container. Provided that it lasts that long
droolin.gif

Sandee

Well, last night was an easy dinner since our 53 new BABY CHICKS arrived yesterday!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
Picked them up at the Post Office around 9:30am got hem home and everyone was fine with the exception of one Black Star hen who didn't make it. But everyone is happy and popping around like little peanuts!

So dinner was BBQ spareribs, fresh broccoli from the garden and steamed red potatoes. Tonight roast whole chicken with vegetables and salad.

Got a new cookbook "366 ways to cook Rice, Beans and Grains" haven't got to try any recipes yet but there are some tasty ones in there. I'll keep you all posted on ones we try and like.

Sandee

Quote:
53??? WOW!
ep.gif
Are some of those meat birds?

Do let us know about the cookbook. I'd be interested in hearing about some of your favorites!

Tonight I'm making carnitas in the crockpot (been cooking all day!), serving it along with tortillas, all the goodies, and black beans.

Quote:
53??? WOW!
ep.gif
Are some of those meat birds?

Do let us know about the cookbook. I'd be interested in hearing about some of your favorites!

Tonight I'm making carnitas in the crockpot (been cooking all day!), serving it along with tortillas, all the goodies, and black beans.

Yes, 28 are Cornish Rocks for meat. I'll keep you posted on the book

Sandee

It's been a while since I posted on here. I got rather sick in December (bronchitis and a sinus infection) and only recently got my appetite back. So now I am finally cooking again.

Last night I made chicken strips sauteed with peppers, onion and garlic (using baconfat), then I added homemade tomato sauce and a big handfull of dried basil and let it simmer until the rice was done. It was nice and simple and came out super. All the vegies were from the garden either frozen, dried, canned, coldstored or fresh. For desert we had home grown and canned plums.

sandee- I wouldn't know-Ours was eaten by the next afternoon. I just had it on a plate on the counter; I knew it wouldn't last long!
Farmer Denise- Glad your feeling better!

I struggled with a migrain for a week, then a head cold for a week- now I'm back to a migrain:/

Tonight will be chicken thighs-not sure how I will fix them yet, or what will go with them. Tomorrow I will be 50!!! I will probably make homemade mac-n-cheese with ham(cheddar, jack,parmesan), DH planned a party for Sat. Family , friends/ neighbors.We are supposed to bbq hamburgers and hot dogs with everyone bringing side and dessert pot luck; but they have been calling for rain/snow on and off all week. We have 50% snow Fri-1-2" and 70% fri. night with 1-3"! So we may have to call the party off-oh well-I'm kinda in a funk about it anyway- 2 years ago I had fully expected to celebrate my 50th with my parents, I was so looking forward to it. Dad probably would have been too sick to make the trip though. I know Mom had something special planned-I won't ever know what it was.Unless she had said something to my wonderful Dad(step).

Well, enough of that now.

Monica

Tonight I made chicken pot pie from scratch. Made with stock from my own home grown chickens, and of course chicken from one as well. Decided to use some different veggies this time I left out the carrots/potatoes and added instead fresh mushrooms and asparagus. It turned out really well.

I also made some BBQ beef in the crock pot. We'll have that on rolls for dinner tomorrow with home made coleslaw and dressing.

Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
wee.gif
Hope your special day is just that! Also, hope you get to have your party regardless of the weather this weekend. Celebrate anyway and serve lots of hot chocolate
droolin.gif
and pretend that you are all at a ski lodge. Again have a great day!
bun.gif

hugs.gif
to you Sandee

Back
Top Bottom