Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Just put together a ham, noodle and cheese casserole so I can pop it in the oven Saturday. It's nice to have a meal ready and waiting after a day of doing errands
smile.png
I'll make a nice green leaf lettuce to go with it while it's baking up!

Beef Kabobs with Yellow Peppers, Mushrooms & Onion
Grilled Zucchini, marinated in balsamic vinegar & olive oil
Stir fried Cabbage with Bacon
Grape Tomatoes
Sourdough Bread

It has been a busy week! Not only have the kids had multiple activities, but I had an inflamed tendon in one of my hands that made cooking and typing (and pretty much everything else) really difficult. I did manage to pull off:
Monday: Roasted Chicken
Tuesday: Spaghetti
Wednesday: B4D
Thursday: Pork Chops seasoned with rosemary and garlic.

Today will be leftovers.
smile.png

We had a shooting match yesterday. LOOOONg day up at four am, home at seven pm. DGD and I spent sat. afternoon making/topping baked donuts to take with us. DH and I were sooo tired and sore from standing all day ( him with his back, me with my ankle) I did not want to stand in the kitchen and cook. DGD put in some frozen fish fillets, mixed together some veggies and served us!! I don't know what we'll do next year when she starts to compete also!
hu.gif
, geuss we'll have to stop for pizza!
fl.gif

Still sore today, won't be doing much. I have a keilbasa in the frige (the only meat thawed) I think I will cut it up with potatoes red onion, shrooms and broccoli, mix it together and probably put cheese over it, maybe a sauce though.

DGD is home for Easter break this week so we will be making our usual coconut choco & peanut butter choco. eggs. Last year for the first time we blew eggs and made raspberry truffle choco. covered eggs for DH. This year I think we will try buttercream chococovered blown eggs. We will dye the eggs before dying. We dyed the after blowing last year, didn't like that as much. Does anyone have a good recipe for buttercream filling??

We usually have DMIL up for Easter but this year it looks like we may have a bit of snow. We have storms comming in later this week that may bring us over a foot. Don't want her driving up here with all the snowbunnies we get after storms. So looks like it will just be the three of us this year. First year in ten I won't be fixing lamb for Easter.

Monica

Weekend cooking consisted of - Friday Pizza. Saturday a new adventure - Bombay Chicken - Chicken Thighs, potatoes, carrots, raisins, coconut milk in a red curry sauce.

Then last night was the cherry on top!
droolin.gif
Grilled hamburgers on HOMEMADE wholewheat buns - they were so delicious - man nothing like fresh bread. I have a special pan for hamburger buns and just used part of the wholewheat bread recipe. Topped with fresh lettuce from the garden - makes us so happy that we decided to trade the rat race life for a simpler one - We never imagined that the quality of the simpler life would be so good. Getting back to nature and little to no stress is really the best - just wish we would have done it sooner.

Up date on weight loss - I'll call it a solid 5# for now. Scale says a bit more - but I have kept the 5# off for a solid two weeks so now it counts. Only 15# to go.

Sandee

Wow! You guys are making some good stuff! Anyone want to come over and cook for me? We've been busy with band competitions, so we've eaten out a little bit more than usual.

Monica - Hope you find your strength today!

Congrats on the 5 lbs. Sandee! Yay!

After leftover dinner last night, there's still a small stash in the fridge, so tonight I'm making soup. It'll be a Mexican chicken soup with black beans, rice, & veggies, and with avocado, cheese, and cilantro on top. It's not really soup weather (mid 70s) but I really need to clean out the fridge!

BYB that sounds really good!

Beef Stroganoff tonight. Hubby got me the new Rocco DiSpirito cookbook as part of our effort to eat better. So far everything has been really good.

Tonight is gar etouffee. You cut the gar into popcorn shrimp sized pieces and boil it in crabboil, then marinade overnight in zesty italian. Make up your etouffee and serve over rice. Ours is going over brown rice. I put extra liquid in it because hubby likes to eat it like gumbo with rice.

Back
Top Bottom