Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
Sandee do share how to make these patties with us! I'm sure we're not the only ones with a few extra zucchinis laying around these days
lol.png

I agree! It sounds so good and I just so happen top have some extra laying around too
big_smile.png

I just did a veggie stir fry last night. Besides the usual veggies I added snap peas and zucchini from our garden.

Quote:
Sandee do share how to make these patties with us! I'm sure we're not the only ones with a few extra zucchinis laying around these days
lol.png

I agree! It sounds so good and I just so happen top have some extra laying around too
big_smile.png

I just did a veggie stir fry last night. Besides the usual veggies I added snap peas and zucchini from our garden.

Sorry about not posting sooner - been kind of busy at work and not much time for chicken chat! But here is the recipe. I like them made like a sandwich with bacon and a fried egg in between.

Zucchini Patties
From All Recipes.com Rated:5 out of 5 by 400+

These are the best thing going for using those zucchinis that become baseball bats over night. I take out the seeds and only use the firm flesh.

2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup chopped onion
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon vegetable oil or Pam Cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, flour, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and salt. Stir well to distribute flour into ingredients evenly. Add eggs and mix well.

2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. (TIP: use Pam cooking spray instead of oil and if you have an electric griddle you can make 6 or more at time).

Last night was the recipe I was looking for from Relish magazine. Chicken breasts marinated in Sauzon Goya, oil and vinegar and then the serving sauce is the marinade boiled with orange and lime juices and garlic. It marinated for a day and a half longer than the called for hour, and wow! I've never made such juicy grilled breasts! My husband even complimented me and said the sauce tasted like something he'd had before in a restaurant. I hit home runs every once in a while.

Tonight's enchiladas.

Quote:
big_smile.png

Sorry about not posting sooner - been kind of busy at work and not much time for chicken chat! But here is the recipe. I like them made like a sandwich with bacon and a fried egg in between.

Zucchini Patties
From All Recipes.com Rated:5 out of 5 by 400+

These are the best thing going for using those zucchinis that become baseball bats over night. I take out the seeds and only use the firm flesh.

2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup chopped onion
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon vegetable oil or Pam Cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, flour, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and salt. Stir well to distribute flour into ingredients evenly. Add eggs and mix well.

2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. (TIP: use Pam cooking spray instead of oil and if you have an electric griddle you can make 6 or more at time).

Thank you! Sounds delish!

Tonight is steamed peas and potatoes from our garden and breaded Pork chops.

Last night did some quick fried chicken and decided to fry some squash too - it was tasty. My mouth has been watering for some potato salad so that will be on the menu this weekend for sure - may be with a nice big piece of steak!

It's Friday so pizza night. Having been learning to make Mozzarella, so may be that with some tomato and basil. Classic pizza here in California.

Sandee

Last night we had Easy Chicken and Rice.

DH and DS ate the whole thing!!! I think I'm lucky I was hungry and ate before they did or I would have been eating PB&J for supper.
th.gif

Easy Chicken and Rice
Allrecipes.com

Ingredients
· 1 chicken cut into serving pieces
· 2 tablespoons cooking oil
· 2 cups uncooked white rice
· 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
· 4 cups water
· 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
· 2 cups frozen onion, celery and pepper seasoning mix
· 2 cups frozen corn
· 1 cup frozen peas

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Brown chicken pieces in the oil, in a nonstick skillet. Place chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 inch-baking dish.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover and seal TIGHTLY with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight we are having pulled pork.

Pulled Pork Southern Style
Posted by Coll'sCookin'

4# boneless pork shoulder (cut into 5 or 6 pieces)
1/4-cup water
1 large onion - coarsely chopped
1/2-cup brown sugar
1/2-cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2-cup ketchup
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (I use regular mustard)
1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1-teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Liquid smoke flavoring (I use the whole bottle)

Place pork shoulder pieces (fat trimmed) into a large pot or Dutch oven. Mix all ingredients together and pour over the roast and cook slowly, until tender and falling apart.

Remove cooked pork from pot, if the sauce is still runny, continue cooking and let it reduce until it’s nice and thick.

Shred pork with 2 forks or fingers into stringy pieces and return to the pot and mix well with the sauce.

Serve on soft sandwich buns with dill pickles, coleslaw and potato chips.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom