Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Keeping it simple again. Tonight will be turkey meatball subs. I already had prepared sauce from a previous dinner (love making enough for leftovers!) so it'll come together rather quickly. We'll have that with a side salad and lots of garden 'maters.

Once again the outside grill is fired for corn on the cob and great wi brats....wash er down with a cold beer.... Heaven here on the hill!
~ bigzio

Tonite is High School football...so it'll be concession stand food....but last nite was grilled chicken breasts, pasta salad, corn and strawberry pretzel salad...yummmm....

Fried chicken, potato salad, and homemade corn bread. Not very good for us, but tasty.
cool.png

Quote:
You HAVE to make this soup! It's fast, easy and delicious - they'll think you are a genius
big_smile.png

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicious-Ham-and-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx

I make it exactly as written, but omit the salt. Buillion and ham is salty enough. I only use white potatoes since they seem to work the best.

Yum! Thanks for this recipe! I just made it and we LOVED it!
The only thing that i did different was: Instead of using just water for the broth... i boiled down a ham bone and used a can of chicken broth to get the broth flavor for this soup. I also added about a cup of frozen corn and a can of cream style corn...
So it made a ham/potato and corn chowder...
droolin.gif

Crock pot sloppy joes on the 40 minute bun recipe from another thread. If you haven't tried this, it is a wonderful recipe. I changed the yeast measurement from 2 tablespoons to 2 teaspoons, left everything else the same and let my bread machine do the work, then I form them in to buns and bake in the oven. They are soft and fluffy, perfect. My family loves them.

Last night was pork chops, mushroom gravy and rice.

Back
Top Bottom