HEY hey! New adopted mom to 8 hens in GA

I too am a new chickie mommy and live in Georgia as well! I have ten 15 week old Rhode Island Reds, and my family tells me that I am obsessed. Personally, I feel it is normal to have a gazillion photos of chickens on my phone and a web cam on them so that I can watch them any time of day from anywhere. They are very entertaining and I'm looking forward to gathering some eggs in a few weeks! So, congratulations on the new additions to your 'family!'
Congratulations!! You are not alone. My family thinks I am crazy and they don’t understand that I also did not foresee THIS in my future lol but we have quickly adapted and have fallen in love harder than we ever thought we would! Sidenote, I know nothing about chickens, but super eager to learn, having a hard time identifying what types of Chickies I have…. HELP 😫 it’s been two weeks since we’ve been chicken owners and at this point if they’re not being called by their rapper names, we call them “the salt and pepper one” lol

Last edited:
Congratulations!! You are not alone. My family thinks I am crazy and they don’t understand that. I also did not foresee. This is my future lol but we have quickly adapted and falling in love harder than we ever thought we would ever! Sidenote, I know nothing about chickens, but super eager to learn, having a hard time identifying what types of Chickies I have…. HELP 😫 it’s been two weeks since we’ve been chicken owners and at this point if they’re not being called by their rapper names, we call them “the salt and pepper one” lol
You can start a thread in our What Breed and Gender forums for help with IDs. :) https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/

Back
Top Bottom