Hey im a little concerned for my pet Cayuga female ducks toe. Plz tell me this is not bumblefoot:(

Duckyman1234

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
She's eating/drinking and walking fine. But she has a slight limp. But what is making me concerned is that her toe from the top and bottom has this odd swollen bump but it's still the same size:( what is it? She did get chased by my pet drakes and gets forced mated quite a bit could this be why it's so swollen on top and bottom toe?

Plz tell me this is not bumblefoot im so concerned that it's that:(

Here's the images of the foot.

It's still the same before so I'm a little concerned that it could be bumblefoot plz tell me it's not.

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_192740.jpg
    IMG_20210806_192740.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210806_192844.jpg
    IMG_20210806_192844.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210806_193132.jpg
    IMG_20210806_193132.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210806_193140.jpg
    IMG_20210806_193140.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 12
It's hard to tell if what I'm looking at is a scab or a swelling indicative of an abscess. Bless her her foot is so dark.

It never hurts to soak. a pan with some warm water and epsom salt in it.

In the meantime I'm going to tag some folks to help you.

@Miss Lydia @shawluvsbirds @rjohns39 @casportpony could one of you good folks take a look at these pictures and help this nice new member out with her/his duck?

BTW! Welcome to the forum. Sorry a problem brought you here but this is the place to be under the circumstances.

It's hard to tell if what I'm looking at is a scab or a swelling indicative of an abscess. Bless her her foot is so dark.

It never hurts to soak. a pan of water with some warm water and epsom salt in it.

In the meantime I'm going to tag some folks to help you.

@Miss Lydia @shawluvsbirds @rjohns39 @casportpony could one of you good folks take a look at these pictures and help this nice new member out with her duck?

BTW! Welcome to the forum. Sorry a problem brought you here but this is the place to be under the circumstances.
Thx

No problem. The forth picture almost looks like a scab in the center of the swelling. If that is what I'm seeing it could be a bumble foot.

But don't panic. It's not hard to deal with and we all, chicken or duck people have dealt with one sooner or later.

But don't think the worst until some duck people take a look at it.

No problem. The forth picture almost looks like a scab in the center of the swelling. If that is what I'm seeing it could be a bumble foot.

But don't panic. It's not hard to deal with and we all, chicken or duck people have dealt with one sooner or later.

I'm still waiting whos going to help me with what it is

I'm still waiting:( there's no black spot tho it's pink with brown scab I think.

I wish you could be a better picture of the scab area. When you run your finger over the area you can feel anything that might be in there?
It does look like it may be a bumble so soaking in nice warm Epsom salt water using how much with directions on the bag. Then soaking at least once a day until the scab is softened and you can use your fingernail to lift it up and peel it off. This doesn't happen fast so expect maybe a week of soaking. Or a member just recently took their duck to the vet with bumble and it was recommended to use a drawing salve like Ichthammol {TSC}and wrapping. I've never used it for bumble but it sure works good for splinters. If you can post some better pics though that would be nice. One thing you don't want to do if this is bumble is ignore it. Bumble is staff and can spread into joints, bone and blood.
If a vet is an option then go that route.

I wish you could be a better picture of the scab area. When you run your finger over the area you can feel anything that might be in there?
It does look like it may be a bumble so soaking in nice warm Epsom salt water using how much with directions on the bag. Then soaking at least once a day until the scab is softened and you can use your fingernail to lift it up and peel it off. This doesn't happen fast so expect maybe a week of soaking. Or a member just recently took their duck to the vet with bumble and it was recommended to use a drawing salve like Ichthammol {TSC}and wrapping. I've never used it for bumble but it sure works good for splinters. If you can post some better pics though that would be nice. One thing you don't want to do if this is bumble is ignore it. Bumble is staff and can spread into joints, bone and blood.
X2

It's not a scab tho. It's brown

Back
Top Bottom