We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

HEY, look what I found!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hollymh, Jun 27, 2014.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Welllll I know it's Moline--- a wagon wheel or tractor wheel??? We just bought 100 acres and I found it a few weeks ago and lost it until today, anyone have any idea what exactly it is or maybe what it belongs on. I can tell you it is about 3ft wide but the rest is buried so I couldn't say how tall it is and there's a lot more buried there, it appears to be a huge piece maybe a whole axle???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emma p

emma p Songster

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    Cool!
    I live out in the country out by a lot of old fields and there is a well out in some trees that has been there a really long time... There is a bucket out there is so rusted that if you try to move it will brake.

3. 6of6chicks

6of6chicks Songster

Jun 9, 2014
    My best guess is that it was made by Moline Plow Company:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moline_Plow_Company

Looks like it could go with a tractor they built (?) - google "Moline Universal tractor" and you'll see what it looks like.

That's my guess, anyway, lol! Very cool find!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How cool! [​IMG]

5. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks! I looked at the universal tractors and Im starting to believe that's what it is, we are going to get the dully back there and pull it up. I had no idea our land would end up being a treasure trove! Cant wait to see what we find once we start tilling and building. I will post pics once we get it up and out!

6. MarcoPollo

MarcoPollo Songster

Nov 24, 2012
    Hot Coffee, MS
    I wonder how old it is. It looks antique. Yes, please let us know what the rest of it looks like when you pry it up.

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    it looks like 'potential' to me!
    I hope it is in good shape!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: