HEY NC is it still raining where your at?

nccountrygirl

Songster
12 Years
Jul 31, 2007
Sanford N.C.
I know we need the rain but enough already. It's rained here for 2 solid days and I'm ready for some sunshine, I know my girls are, I usually feed them first thing in the morning but because of the rain I let DH do it when he woke up at noon( he works 12 hr night shift and didn't get home till 7:00 AM ) and he said they were mad and fussing at him.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Yep it's still raining here. My coop is flooded pretty bad, thankfully the chickens have a few dry places they can get to. My stupid silkie hen justs stands in the water instead of going to a dry place with the other chickens.

It has rained here for 3 days, today was the worst, hardly any breaks.
Has slowed down now but suppose to rain some more tonight before clearing up sometime tomorrow morning.

We do need the rain but I personally think 3 DAYS IS ENOUGH!!

We finally got the roof fixed so it doesn't leak and now that the ground is so saturated, my pens are flooded.

My chickens probably think I've died or something because I haven't been able to get out there as much and now I will be working the entire weekend so not much time there either.

If only they will forgive me!!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Still rainin here. We need it but my goodness, when it rains it pours!!!

I saw 2 wrecks while I was out today. We haven't had rain in so long people forgot how to drive in it!

Last edited:
Finally stopped here too. Just a light misting on and off now. My Chickens spent the past 2 1/2 days inside their coop running out only every so often to chase a bug or get a worm that was swimming in the mud. (or when I go out to feed them...then they all line up at the fence...lol)

it has currently stopped here. i hope it keeps coming down.

I have to drive across Falls Lake to get to work every day... let me rephrase that, I have to drive over where Falls Lake USED TO BE. It is still just a tiny stream trickling through a giant mud flat. Scary.

Finally stopped here about 10 or so - just went out to feed the dogs and check on the chickens - it was so soggy out there today I just left them in the coop.

We've had over 5" total in the past three days. The creek is higher than it's been all summer and it's nice to hear the waterfall again of the little spring where all the run off goes flowing down to the creek.

I will be glad to have a partly sunny day tomorrow though. Three days of solid rain is a bit tiring, even though I feel I shouldn't complain!

Back
Top Bottom