Hey!

dmkell0398mn

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2023
Hey Everyone! I'm Denise and I am in North-Central/West-Central Minnesota.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am a new chicken mom. I picked up my chicks on April 2.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 8 chicks. And learned that chicken math is real, as I was supposed to pick up 12 but one of the breeds didn't ship.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 4 Lavender Opringtons and 4 Sapphire Olive Eggers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Right now it's just learning about my chicks and watching their personalities start to come through. One of my Sapphire Olive Eggers, who I have affectionately named poop butt will try to get as high in the brooder as possible when I enter the room they are in. They have to be held.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

In my free time, I train dogs, read, knit, and do other crafts.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

It's just me in my household, I have a 20 year old son who is away at college. I have a 6 month old Australian Shepherd, he will watch the chicks for a bit then try to eat their poop. I've been trying to do a little bit of training in the brooder room with him so he starts to learn he has to sit and just watch the chicks right now. I also have an 11 month old kitten. She will just sit and watch the chicks move. It's almost like built in cat tv.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC a while ago and have had it bookmarked. I finally joined once I got my first chickens.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom