HGTV comes to film our chickens and chicken coop!!!

Pretty funny. Do a Google search for Kreitz coop and tell me what you find. I imagine that after the show people will do some Google searching to look for it.

BTW, do you have contatct with the show? Can they send you a copy of your segment to post on the site?

OK, I NEVER want to Google search myself!!! I'd be scared to find out what I'd find! LOL!

Hey Nifty Chicken, good to hear from you. To answer your direct question, I had my best friend TIVO the show, and he has been able to burn me a DVD of the episode. I'm not sure of the quality of the reproduction, but I'm sure it's good. In addition, I'm considering contacting the HGTV Network to purchase a copy directly from them, as I believe the quality would be the best possible...

Once I have the DVD from my buddy, I can certainly burn you a DVD and send it to you without hesitation. Perhaps you might be able to send me via email your address?? I have to make like 20 copies for all my relatives who (like me) don't have cable, satellite, or high tech equipment.

Now, about plugging Backyardchickens.com - I actually, honestly, did mention the site in the indoor "interview". However, they immediately cut me off and told me that I was not able to "promote" even in passing conversation any product, website or brand name. I then was instructed to only say "a website" generically, but they cut the entire bit in the end anyway! Sorry.

And trust me, they really meant no branding or copywrited stuff - they brought in their own artwork, vases, and background "stuff" and took all of our own art, etc away, since they didn't wish to pay royalties to the artists! And when they saw that the boys had GAP polar fleece jackets on, they black electrical taped over the GAP brand name! That's how hard core these guys were...

It was still a fun venture, and the home video taken that day is just a stitch to see!!!

Thanks for the replies, and hope everyone enjoyed the show!

Steve in -20 degree Minnesota (chickies are fine, tho eggs freeze in coop in 1 - 2 hours - BOO HOO!)

You should be able to contact "Look What I Did" and ask for a copy. There shouldn't be a problem. Tell them it's for your kids to show at school.
tongue.png
They should appreciate even more people watching their show.

Haha! You're ahead of me! We posted at the same time. So glad you could work it out, I cant' wait to see it

Last edited:
OK, I NEVER want to Google search myself!!! I'd be scared to find out what I'd find! LOL!

I googled myself once and found that there was a 17-year-old called Helena Gardner who was a prostitute and was murdered in (I think) Boston! Try typing in your first name and then needs, so "Helena needs" and see what it comes back with. Apparently, Helena needs to understand that Tina's not a toy or a raging hormonal lunatic.
lol.png

In all seriousness, congratulations on getting yourself (and chickens) on TV. Hope there'll be an online version available soon
smile.png

This is so cool. I will make sure I am home to watch the show. I bet more people will get interested in raising chickens

Last edited:
My wife, kids and I just watched it.....awesome job on the coop....and you have a very nice family......

I saved it on our DVR...once we get a DVD recorder I should be able to send you a disc if you'd like.........

Steve, thanks for the attempt to plug the site... really appreciate the try! Really sounds like they are hard core. Makes me want to re-think posting it on BYC without their permission!
roll.png

I wonder if it just showed up on youtube / google video if they would care?

Back
Top Bottom